Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i drive by a state posted meter every week that shows my speedometer is off 5 mph. other vehicles i have owned showed the same as the state installed "your speed" sign.

I checked with an app on phone still 5 mph off at 70 mph.

Does this affect odometer? I bought a certified used and its starting to appear to me the mileage is higher than on the dash.

Any thoughts?:nerd:

· Registered
3,810 Posts
Being off 5 mph seems more than usual. The speedometer in my 2014 Sienna Limited consistently reads between 2 and 3 mph fast regardless of whether I'm using OEM size 235/55-18 tires or my 235/60-17 winter tires. The odometer is very accurate and is not affected by the speedometer "error". Speedometers are designed to read faster than actual speed. Our Prius speedometer reads between 1 and 2 mph fast. The speedometer in the Infiniti Q50 rental car I've been driving (Bambi lost when it kissed my Sienna) also read between 1 and 2 mph fast.

I keep my phone in a holder on the dash 100% of the time while driving and use the free iBolt Dock'n Drive app as a front end for streaming audio apps. The round circle on the phone screen in the attached image is both a highly accurate digital speedometer and a compass. Touching the digital speedometer causes it and the compass to go "full screen" - big enough to be read by rear seat passengers.

OP, you posted this in the Honda Odyssey forum.

Attachments

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.