Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Drove my '46 Dodge pickup for years with a speedometer that read 35 when I was doing 50.
Good for you. I don't understand what that has to do with these new vans not being able to show the correct speed in two places on the instrument panel.

·
Registered
2021 Sienna Limited
13 Posts
Mine does this as well and it really bugs me. The analog is +3, +4 off in my case. I plan to bring it up at the first service and see what they say. For $50k you’d think they’d get the speedometer correct.

·
Registered
428 Posts
Here is how someone cured the problem on a RAV4 using a Yellow Box

·
Registered
428 Posts
Official Toyota response to a 2014 Toyota Sienna owner:

Thank you for allowing us the opportunity to further research and clarify this matter for you.
Per the factory repair manual for the 2014 Sienna, the following speedometer variance would be considered within parameters:

20 MPH20 MPH to 23 MPH
40 MPH40 MPH to 43.5 MPH
60 MPH60 MPH to 64 MPH
80 MPH80 MPH to 84.5 MPH
100 MPH100 MPH to 105 MPH

If we may be of further assistance, please contact us via email or by calling 800-331-4331. We are available from 5 AM to 6 PM, Pacific Time, Monday through Friday, and from 7 AM to 4 PM Saturday.

We have documented your comments at our National Headquarters under file #1410060484.

Robert Browning

·
Registered
2021 Sienna XLE
134 Posts
Here is how someone cured the problem on a RAV4 using a Yellow Box
I would expect the yellow box solution would adjust both the gauge and digital display, thereby maintaining the error between the two.

·
Registered
2021 Sienna Limited
13 Posts
So is the takeaway here that Toyota vehicles always read 3+ mph higher than your actual speed? I'm fine with that, I just wish both analog and digital would match.

·
Registered
428 Posts
I suspect that the digital is the correct speed and is used for the odometer and for computing mpg, etc. If the analog is 3 mph too high and you matched them, the odometer and mpg, etc would be wrong. Then there would be all kinds of lawsuits.

21 - 30 of 30 Posts