Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2011 sienna v6 LE 106k miles. Squeaking only when I press gas and switch from P,N,D. Only happens when my car is warmed up. Cold starts everything is normal no squeak. I recently changed the idler pulley, belt and tensioner. It was doing this noise with the old parts I just mentioned. I was almost certain it was one of these parts was going to be the culprit. It happens at low speed pressing gas or when switching gears . I can only notice it with the windows down. Any of you guys have this happen ?
Thanks in advance!

This is a sample of the sound it makes, the clicking is me switching gears:

·
Registered
80 Posts
That's a strange sound, sound to me like a squealing power steering pump but our vehicles use electric power steering. I don't really know what is causing this but I would look for worn/broken engine mounts since you say this only happens when moving the gear selector. This may somehow be related to your problem. Have you searched for the location of the noise while someone else changes the gears for you?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for the reply. I've tried to pin down the location but i cannot. Its funny you mention the engine mounts, my mechanic told me my engine mounts were on their way out. Especially the bottom one towards the front of the vehicle. That could be the issue. It makes sense because switching gears causes the engine movement possibly causing the engine mounts to squeal like that. The weird thing is it happens when its warmed up. Ill keep an eye out and post what i find.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Are you sure it is not the exhaust? Those donut gaskets wear out and make a noise switching gears. Very common issue and when warm.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
just to keep you guys updated. I checked the exhaust no leaks. I do believe its the engine mounts because once i was distracted and put the car in park too fast on a hill. The car shook back and forth slightly while in park and made the noise at the same time the car rocked. So that back and forth movement recreated the noise.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Update : replaced all engine mounts with Toyota OEM mounts. Still same squeak. Doesn't effect anything car seems 100% normal except for that squeal. If anyone has any suggestions id appreciate it. Thanks

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Are you sure it is not the exhaust? Those donut gaskets wear out and make a noise switching gears. Very common issue and when warm.
You were right! Finally got around to try that as you mentioned it I looked for a discussion on it. Switched the donut gasket and no more squeak! Thanks !

1 - 9 of 9 Posts