Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

Stealthbox subwoofer for driver's side cubby hole?

16K views 17 replies 5 participants last post by  98 SNAKE EATER 
#1 ·
Found this pic online and was just wondering if it was available through JL as a Stealthbox or just sumthin someone made?

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Contacted JL and they said they've never made a Stealthbox, nor have any plans to make one for the Sienna :(

They did give me the contact info for the shop that made the one posted above (Car Audio Xperts in La Puente, Cali)

http://www.caraudioxperts.com/

Unfortunately, they don't do builds anymore (something about not having City Permits and Licenses.....sounds like CommieFornia BS)

I did find pix of another build online though....

#6 ·
Looks good

Just wish someone made a drop in box as it would save me a lot of fab time

Trying to decide between a single 10, 12 or a pair of 8's

Did some sizing up with a pair of 8's from my old beater

Plenty of space for them

Also considering standard unfitted box and adding a snap on trim with matching speaker cloth....

#10 ·
Honestly, I'm not expecting anything spectacular from this enclosure, but I know it will be more than sufficient for my ears as I'm not a basshead by any stretch (outgrew that phase a LONG time ago)

I'm currently running a pair of 8 inch subs in separate sealed downfire enclosures and even those are overkill for me.

In fact, one 8 would be perfect, but if I'm gunna go through the hassle of building this thing, I'm just gunna use the biggest sub I can fit and be done with it.

I've experimented with positioning and it makes quite a difference.

With both subs sitting on the trunk floor spead out to the corners, the sound is deeper and louder than when they're sitting inline between the middle row captains chairs (just in front of the 3rd row)

When mounted within the cubby hole, the sound wasn't nearly as deep as when on the trunk floor, but deeper than the middle row mounting.

I'm guessing the use of the large trunk area and corner loading makes th ebiggest difference.

I also tried out my buddy's pair of 12" subs in separate ported enclosures and the sound was super loud and boomy, but not nearly as clean as the 8's

Different positions made a difference in how loud it got, but nothing really helped with SQ

Hoping the single 12 in a sealed enclosure will workout better.

Ordered some knock-off Dynamat and will be covering what I can before putting the panel back on

#11 ·
I sees. I haven't done much experimenting with mine. Once i get off my a$$ and least install an amp, I can do some listening. I won't lie...I'm holding on to my basshead ways of the past. I have a 50 mile one way drive to work (in D.C. traffic) so a little extra output would make the miles go by just a little faster. Plus you need the bass to have a proper trap-a-thon.

I'm still getting a custom console made, but the ported skar 10 in my garage is going in as a placeholder.

oh and sound deadening is a must. I'll end up doing at least the doors at the same time as the amp(s).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.