Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For a long time my steering has put out a quiet noise like an owl hooting when being turned in parking lots. May do it on the road and gets covered up. It has never gotten much worse (only 43k on the clock), but I do wonder if anyone else has noticed this. It only makes it when moving the wheel back and forth.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
I should add, that is my steering COLUMN making the noise. If it's your actual power steering (rack, pump, etc.), that's actually a cause for investigation. In any case, I would check the level and condition of your fluid.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, it is definitely coming from the steering column. I didn't know about an "airbag recall". I wonder if there is a way to check for any recalls on our 2014. There was one several years ago for the power to the sliding doors as I recall. We got that fix.

·
Registered
439 Posts
Our van has an occasional squeak from the steering column. Same with son’s Camry. Son squirts some lube and the sound is gone for months. I don’t know where the lube goes but there are YouTube videos to reference.

Sixto
‘04 LE FWD 200K miles

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Yes, it is definitely coming from the steering column. I didn't know about an "airbag recall". I wonder if there is a way to check for any recalls on our 2014. There was one several years ago for the power to the sliding doors as I recall. We got that fix.
Hmm, maybe I'm mis-remembering... I got like 6 different recalls over a span of a month for my household cars one year. The airbag recall may have been only on the BMW. I know the dealer did something in the steering wheel/column area for a recall, though, because I never have them do anything to my van, but I brought it to the dealer for some reason and got it back with a squeaky steering wheel (in cold weather) and thought, "I guess they aren't any better than any other mechanic. They just cost more!"

1 - 6 of 6 Posts