Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Vendor
77 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Best struts and shocks to use for a 2008 Sienna CE 7 passenger? I am thinking KYB. Don't know if need to/should replace coil spring. Car has 163,000 and front struts were done previously at 98,000.

·
Registered
485 Posts
KYB is good, pretty sure they make the OEM struts and shocks.
There is no need to replace the coil if it's not broken or otherwise damaged. However if you are going DIY route, quick struts are much easier to install and include the coil already.

·
Registered
216 Posts
Its time to replace my rear shocks on my 2014 xle with 95,000 miles. I am going with Sachs shocks instead of kyb. full disclosure, I have never been a fan of kyb. They seem to be only marginally good shock. I prefer bilstein but they are not available. My question to the forum is, why would you go back and buy kyb when there is many threads of early shock failures from 60,000 and even sooner with factory units? The shocks/struts on our 2008 xle never needed changing all the way to 185,000 miles when it was totalled.

·
Registered
463 Posts
For big items where warranty is an absolute consideration, I would go outside ebay and pay a bit more knowing I can reach out to the vendor if I need warranty support. Rockauto is also very competitive when it comes to pricing

·
Registered
216 Posts
For big items where warranty is an absolute consideration, I would go outside ebay and pay a bit more knowing I can reach out to the vendor if I need warranty support. Rockauto is also very competitive when it comes to pricing
I usually compare both but if I got OEM, I stick with the known Toyota dealers on eBay, many have e-commerce on eBay now. Otherwise the major brands I try to buy from large parts warehouses on eBay or Amazon.

·
Registered
17 Posts
What is the normal lifespan of the OEM struts? Mine have 127,500 miles on them. I think that they are due.

·
Registered
560 Posts
My fronts have 144k miles and still seem to be in good shape. I did have a rear shock leak and replaced both rear shocks recently. I do a fair amount of towing, so that probably shortened the life of the rear shocks some (but I do have rear suspension airbags).

-Mike

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
577 Posts
Just got done installing a set of KYB rears for like $83 from rock auto. Took me 1.5hrs pretty straight forward job. One side was leaking... mine is a 2015 xle w/72k miles on it....the entire rea was creating a racket while going over small humps......knew something was wrong with rear struts after reading of premature failure on here. Checked em and sure enough one was leaking and the other was perfectly alright. Replaced both, threw away the leaky one but am holding on to the no leaky one.

Hope this helps....lemme know if you have any questions.

Sandan.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts