Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was told by a mechanic friend of mine that he started using SUSPENSIA products, He was always a MOOG man lol but he said he switched to this other brand / company 2 yrs ago. He said they are out of Turkey . This friend of mine is also a state inspector for a bus garage and has his own shop on the side. I told him I was going to get moog control arm that is when he told me about suspensia . So ANYONE hear of them before? I sure have not .. He gave me the part numbers I need for my 08 sienna but I generally shop amazon and do not see them. thanks

·
Registered
402 Posts
Wow that is a great price and it includes the ball joint too at $54.89, considering the Toyota control arm is $231 without the ball joint. I'm afraid it may be too good to be true but you can prove us wrong. A lot of people complain about how hard it is to install aftermarket control arms and end up getting the Toyota part.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You can find it at RockAuto SUSPENSIA X50CJ4050 Control Arm | RockAuto
According to the description it does fit the 2nd Gen Sienna.
Price seems low enough to give it a try.
Please report back if you do decide to give it a try.
I have never used rockauto . I think I will give it a try. Is rockauto good with returns or exchanges? that is why I use amazon a lot because they return and give refunds promptly when needed. Thanks

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Wow that is a great price and it includes the ball joint too at $54.89, considering the Toyota control arm is $231 without the ball joint. I'm afraid it may be too good to be true but you can prove us wrong. A lot of people complain about how hard it is to install aftermarket control arms and end up getting the Toyota part.
I am going to order today. fingers crossed, cause I dont want to do this repair again anytime soon.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I've read some negative reviews on ROCKAUTO but I've never had any issues with them. I've had A+ experience with them with returns of big ticket items including control arms, I bought a MOOG set awhile back but never put them on so I returned it. My credit card was credited the amount less shipping a couple of days after they received it. I've also returned a shock and strut assy and driver side cv axle that leaked grease. I can't remember off the top of my head how long after installation but it had a lifetime warranty. It was in two pieces and covered up in grease but they refunded my credit card no questions asked.
Big issue with control arms is the bushing not lasting a long time. To me, that will be the determining factor of how good these SUSPENSIA control arms are. I still have the originial control arms on my 2010. Bushings are showing cracks but are still holding up. I don't know how much longer though.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've read some negative reviews on ROCKAUTO but I've never had any issues with them. I've had A+ experience with them with returns of big ticket items including control arms, I bought a MOOG set awhile back but never put them on so I returned it. My credit card was credited the amount less shipping a couple of days after they received it. I've also returned a shock and strut assy and driver side cv axle that leaked grease. I can't remember off the top of my head how long after installation but it had a lifetime warranty. It was in two pieces and covered up in grease but they refunded my credit card no questions asked.
Big issue with control arms is the bushing not lasting a long time. To me, that will be the determining factor of how good these SUSPENSIA control arms are. I still have the originial control arms on my 2010. Bushings are showing cracks but are still holding up. I don't know how much longer though.
Good to know. What I expect to do, is press out the old bushings and replace them and a new ball joint to keep as a spare set of control arms. So I will give these suspensia parts a try and rock auto... it will be like 2 birds and one stone lol

·
Registered
241 Posts
I'm curious....what symptoms do you have for bad lower control arms? I had my annual state safety inspections last month and it passed so they didn't think my LCAs need replacement. Why has mine lasted this long? This is making me think of going OEM when I finally need to replace mine. Then again, as cheap as I am, I may change my mind quickly when I see how much OEM is compared to this SUSPENSIA.

EDIT: Yeah, I change my mind. $232 a each.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm curious....what symptoms do you have for bad lower control arms? I had my annual state safety inspections last month and it passed so they didn't think my LCAs need replacement. Why has mine lasted this long? This is making me think of going OEM when I finally need to replace mine. Then again, as cheap as I am, I may change my mind quickly when I see how much OEM is compared to this SUSPENSIA.

EDIT: Yeah, I change my mind. $232 a each.

I had no idea I needed them UNTIL I need to replace a bad cv axle so upon jacking the vehicle up on 1 side it showed the rubber bushing just worn out , so then after removing the bolt found I could move it very easily with my fingers as well. So I am doing both axles and both lower C arms

·
Registered
2006 LE
1,209 Posts
I'm curious....what symptoms do you have for bad lower control arms?
If the bushings are shot , while driving at a slow speed , let go the steering wheel in a straight line and apply moderate braking. The front end will wander and can also get a clunk.

·
Registered
241 Posts
So I am doing both axles and both lower C arms
Which axles are you going with?

If the bushings are shot , while driving at a slow speed , let go the steering wheel in a straight line and apply moderate braking. The front end will wander and can also get a clunk.
No front end wandering or clunking. That's a testament to the quality of these vehicles.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I had to cut the cv axle at the carrier bearing as it was frozen / rusted in place and then cut some axle off at the tranny side to remove the bearing carrier block. what a PITA when doing this in the driveway on jack stands

·
Registered
17 Posts
At least you have a lounge area to rest and have coffee next to your work area.
The cuts are not too clean. Angle grinder?
I plan to use a Sawzall with diamond/carbide balde to cut it when I do mine.

Maybe a good idea to save the original ball joint (assuming its not damage) as those are far more reliable than aftermarket ones.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
At least you have a lounge area to rest and have coffee next to your work area.
The cuts are not too clean. Angle grinder?
I plan to use a Sawzall with diamond/carbide balde to cut it when I do mine.

Maybe a good idea to save the original ball joint (assuming its not damage) as those are far more reliable than aftermarket ones.
I used a sawzall with a carbide 6" blade it was called the Diablo TORCH, and it sucked. but only being about a foot off the ground and a long sawzall did not help , I had to keep rotating the axle . Ball joint was crap too another reason of why I got the control arm with ball joint.

·
Registered
182 Posts
I used diablo thick metal cutting blade on my shorty dewalt 18v sawzall as seen in pic..cuts like butter fast.. it was suggested by one of the poster here who cut his also. All other blades suck, including the torch crap. .. Bosch 12v was too weak. I also did it on driveway floor on jacks. Big long sawzall is litlle too long, but doable if you jack car higher or orientation. Going to get Milwaukee fuel m18 shorty sawzall next time, since I converted all my tools to Milwaukee now

DIABLO 6 in. 8-TPI Steel Demon Carbide-Tipped Thick Metal Cutting Reciprocating Saw Blade

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
385 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I used diablo thick metal cutting blade on my shorty dewalt 18v sawzall as seen in pic..cuts like butter fast.. it was suggested by one of the poster here who cut his also. All other blades suck, including the torch crap. .. Bosch 12v was too weak. I also did it on driveway floor on jacks. Big long sawzall is litlle too long, but doable if you jack car higher or orientation. Going to get Milwaukee fuel m18 shorty sawzall next time, since I converted all my tools to Milwaukee now

DIABLO 6 in. 8-TPI Steel Demon Carbide-Tipped Thick Metal Cutting Reciprocating Saw Blade

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
That shorty dewalt would have been nice to have.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts