Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
What can be done to convert XLE suspension to SE suspension?

Swap the struts/springs on the front and shocks/springs on the rear with OEM pieces. I believe the (anti)sway bars are larger on the SE as well, but I'm not 100% and too lazy to look it up.

OEM is specified because the replacement parts aftermarket doesn't seem to care that the SE rides an inch lower than the LE/XLE. They only differentiation you see there is between AWD and FWD.

Performance aftermarket shocks/struts/springs are available to lower the Sienna further than that, but I can't personally speak to their performance and comfort in everyday driving. That said, I haven't heard anything other than positive reviews.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I didn't realize that the SE vs. X/LE/Limited OEM struts were different. I only know that the springs are shorter on the SE's vs. the other models and the AWD non-SE have slightly higher springs than the FWD non-SE springs. If you want everyday comfort and slightly lower height, then I would go with the SE spring swap or if you want to spend more money- install coilovers (Cusco, Megan, Tein, etc.) and set them to the height and dampening that you want. If you want to just lower the van (lower than the SE springs will get you) to get rid of wheel gap, I would suggest the RSR titanium springs (pricier but worth it) which work with your stock struts. There are other spring manufacturers to select from as well but YMMV. (Godspeed and Megan are two companies that come to mind.)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi All, I am new to the forum. I have a 2012 AWD XLE. Decided to upgrade the entire suspension system with a Godspeed Project MSSO137 1"-3" X 1"-3" Mono-SS Front and Rear Lowering Coilover Kit $650.00 tax and shipping + installation. The majority of my miles are highway but I do live in Manhattan, roads are improving though with the new asphalt laying machinery being used. Of course winter destroys the roads all over again. I do not tow, or go off road. I chose this setup for price, my driving style and ease of installation and minimal dampenning adjustability. There are only 16 settings. They are not installed yet but at 60,000 miles OEM's are completely shot, rear passenger spring is actually broken but in a good spot so I can still drive, very carefully. I figure most anything will be an improvement at this point, the car sway's and rolls in turns like nobody's business. I am thinking of starting out at the full 3" drop with the damping set smack in the middle at 8 see how she rides and if I like it never touch it again except for checking the lock rings at every tire rotation. We shall see! I will post updates as things progress. Any comments or input are welcome. Wish me luck, but I am confident Godspeed is a reputable aftermarket suspension manufacturer. All The Best.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just a quick update on the Godspeed unit I had it installed by my mechanic. Five days in and I really like it, car sits about two inches lower all around. Firmer ride but not so much as to make it uncomfortable. It is noticeable with sharp bumps in the city, but I am mostly on the highway with it. I's not choppy, I just feel the bump and the car settles right in again. My mechanic set it up nicely, but it was easy for him since there are only 16 dampening clicks to adjust. Handling is tighter than stock, it definitely inspires you to go faster around curves. Mild oversteer now but it's an easy adjustment in my driving technique. No long rides yet still a fresh change, but so far I am happy with my suspension upgrade. Now I might need to upgrade the front brakes.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts