Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
We have a 06 XLE AWD with about 220K miles. It's giving the below efficiency catalyst code P0430 (?). I have a scanner that gives output of the O2 sensors and the output of the post cat is the same as the output of the precat sensor. This tells me that the cat is dead. I'll have it checked by a pro before doing anything drastic but that's the way it looks now.
The van has a pretty ugly gash on the passenger side just above the rear wheelwell. Various knicks and bruises on the exterior. Interior is pretty good except that the radio unit will randomly come on while driving. Love the leather.
I'm wondering about somethiing if my pro finds say, $3k worth of repairs related to the cat issue. If I find another AWD Sienna but a LE with cloth seats and otherwise in excellent condition at a reasonable price, will the LE accept my XLE's heated power seats? The power doors I can live without, though they are nice. The heated seats are VERY nice to have, even in CA.
I could throw $3K at it and run it past 300K likely, but there's the issue of the ratty exterior appearance, which would cost more than I'm willing to pay to remedy.
Anyone know about if the LE's come prewired for heated seats or is Toyota like VW, who seemingly make a wiring harness for every trim level?

Thanks,
Rickybobby

·
Super Moderator
4,661 Posts
It's a mixed bag. Adding fog lights was reasonably easy, as was upgrading to DRL. All the wiring and connectors were there. And yet the wire for adding a rear backup camera was not.

I'd start with looking at the electrical wiring diagrams for the location of the underseat harness connector, the fuse and relay locations in the fuse box, dash switch locations, etc.

·
Registered
193 Posts
wondering about somethiing if my pro finds say, $3k worth of repairs related to the cat issue. If I find another AWD Sienna
Boy o boy, I can see replacing a vehicle to avoid investing in a transmission or engine but a cat! First I would definitely make sure the engine is in tune and isn't clogging up the catalyst. Maybe you could have it fixed somewhere outside California for closer to $200. And don't tell anybody.
As for the seats being a plug & play, adding a tachometer on my 1st gen was a plug and play.

·
Registered
123 Posts
First I would definitely make sure the engine is in tune and isn't clogging up the catalyst.
+1 on this. The cat could be carbon-fouled. Grab that scan tool and look at your short and long term fuel trim correction numbers for both banks. If you see big corrections, wildly unstable corrections, or significantly different corrections for each bank, track down that issue first. Then, when you have your engine running well, take it out on a nice long drive and see if you can't get that cat working again.

On my previous vehicle, I got a catalyst efficiency code once. The real problem was sticking piston rings, believe it or not. The cat started working fine again once I fixed the engine issue.

- G

·
Registered
714 Posts
On one of my other vehicles I got a code for pre cat O2 sensors as well as the ECM (control module) It turned out to be broken valve actuators that affected the "swirl' valves in the Intake manifold. Replacing with a new manifold solved the issue ( Mercedes). $$$$$

1 - 5 of 5 Posts