Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Banned
2021 Pre Dawn Mica XLE
58 Posts
Do you have reason to believe otherwise?
Yes. Do you have a reason to believe he knows what he’s talking about?

Every single dealer, and I mean every one, I talked to before I bought one last week was lamenting no vehicles, and no end in sight. Then there’s the 40% reduction in the plants. Don’t you think if Toyota could, they would have already been doing something?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes. Do you have a reason to believe he knows what he’s talking about?
He's a Toyota dealer, and was also the guy to break the news about the minor changes to 2022 (color changes, no AWD on XLE).

This does not mean the shortage will let up - I'm sure the first round of 2022s have all already been sold. I placed an order at the beginning of August and my dealer says they have one allocated for me that's being built Sept/delivered Oct, so this could be a 2022 (they haven't specified the model year).

·
Registered
2021 Sienna Limited • Predawn Mica Gray
39 Posts
He's a Toyota dealer, and was also the guy to break the news about the minor changes to 2022 (color changes, no AWD on XLE).

This does not mean the shortage will let up - I'm sure the first round of 2022s have all already been sold. I placed an order at the beginning of August and my dealer says they have one allocated for me that's being built Sept/delivered Oct, so this could be a 2022 (they haven't specified the model year).
I talked to my salesperson at the dealership (the one that sold me my 2021 Sienna in April), and he said that Toyota has started building the 2022 Sienna, and that if you order a Sienna now, it will be a 2022 Sienna. Also, reading other Toyota boards, seems like many have already placed orders for the 2022 Sienna. I'm not sure about the October delivery date (maybe November?), but I think the 2022 info is correct.

·
Registered
2021 Sienna XLE
323 Posts
Make the damn thing have a phev option, the structure of the sienna already supports it.
The problem with PHEV is that it will add hundreds of pounds of batteries. The Sienna is already up against the passenger vehicle regulatory weight limit. The PHEV would have to be classified as a light truck due to the weight. This has some implications for Toyota.

·
Registered
174 Posts
The problem with PHEV is that it will add hundreds of pounds of batteries. The Sienna is already up against the passenger vehicle regulatory weight limit. The PHEV would have to be classified as a light truck due to the weight. This has some implications for Toyota.
Those classifications seem to be outdated and are hindering phev.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Honestly let's be real with ourselves PHEV is not the road Toyota or Toyoda plan on traveling much at all. If it isn't hydrogen then it isn't a focus. So unless you mean Performance Hydrogen Electric Vehicle 🤔 or even Pure Hydrogen Electric Vehicle, then your barking up the tree. This is a discussion for another thread not here.

Back to the topic of discussion. How does switching to producing the 2022 now impact the 40% reduction? Around this time is their normal switchover reduction isn't going to stop that. Honestly if I was Toyota I would have possibly switched over soon to get the 2021s out and selling. Once 2022 are produced folks will start wanting the cheapest ride they can get new. That is the previous year vehicles. Imo

·
Registered
3 Posts
Just ordered a 2022 XSE AWD last week, can anyone tell me about when l can expect to take delivery on it, from prior experience.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Is that a realistic timeframe or was he just kidding
I was told the same thing when I ordered my van in late January 2021. It was delivered about 3 months later. Some on this board have waited less than that, others even longer. 6 months is a safe guess given the uncertainty of the world, but probably a good chance it’s sooner than that.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts