Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
21 - 37 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Is that a realistic timeframe or was he just kidding
I ordered a 2021 xse AWD in May here in Nova Scotia, Canada and was told 5-6 months. I was finally told a couple weeks ago its coming November 10th. Canada probably has longer wait times though if I had to guess.

I'm actually not even sure if it will be a 2021 or 2022.

·
Premium Member
2021 XLE Plus Gray
864 Posts
A lot of it depends upon what region you are in and the demand for model and options that you order. The XSE AWD is probably in high demand, so that could affect your delivery.

·
Premium Member
378 Posts
A lot of it depends upon what region you are in and the demand for model and options that you order. The XSE AWD is probably in high demand, so that could affect your delivery.
One might ask, if XSE is in high demand, why aren't they making more of them and fewer of the non-XSE trims?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I ordered a 2021 xse AWD in May here in Nova Scotia, Canada and was told 5-6 months. I was finally told a couple weeks ago its coming November 10th. Canada probably has longer wait times though if I had to guess.

I'm actually not even sure if it will be a 2021 or 2022.
Wow that sucks man, I am also in NS and I ordered XSE AWD last month, I was told to expect in Dec but look at your case I feel down

·
Registered
Toyota Sienna 2021 AWD Platinum
728 Posts
One might ask, if XSE is in high demand, why aren't they making more of them and fewer of the non-XSE trims?

My guess would be the combination of Demand Forecast + Manufacturing Planning + Everything else like chips supplies, too much money floating around etc.

XSE has some Unique parts (Red Thread Accented Chairs and other chair materials, honeycomb Bumpers, tighter suspension etc.). I suspect they map out supplied months ahead. I would think they would shuffle to build higher demand models quick IF they have manufacturing capacity and supplies both. Plats being listed for 15K+ over MSRP is likely due to same constraints too.

·
Premium Member
2021 XLE Plus Gray
864 Posts
My guess would be the combination of Demand Forecast + Manufacturing Planning + Everything else like chips supplies, too much money floating around etc.

XSE has some Unique parts (Red Thread Accented Chairs and other chair materials, honeycomb Bumpers, tighter suspension etc.). I suspect they map out supplied months ahead. I would think they would shuffle to build higher demand models quick IF they have manufacturing capacity and supplies both. Plats being listed for 15K+ over MSRP is likely due to same constraints too.
I suspect it also depends on what the regional guys order.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Thr Canadian Toyota site doesn't show the Wooland edition as a model and neither is it in the downloadable broshure.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I ordered an XSE AWD in June and just took delivery yesterday. It’s a 2022 XSE but not AWD. I could not wait any longer for a van so I took the FWD as that’s what I originally ordered. My husband updated my order before it was submitted in June to AWD with the entertainment package, the plus package, roof rails, and spare tire, the van I received also didn’t have the entertainment package either. My last van wasn’t AWD either and with snow tires she was a beast in the snow, so I am hoping the sienna can handle just as well. I am absolutely loving my new van and it was definitely worth the wait!!

·
Registered
46 Posts
I ordered an XSE AWD in June and just took delivery yesterday. It’s a 2022 XSE but not AWD. I could not wait any longer for a van so I took the FWD as that’s what I originally ordered. My husband updated my order before it was submitted in June to AWD with the entertainment package, the plus package, roof rails, and spare tire, the van I received also didn’t have the entertainment package either. My last van wasn’t AWD either and with snow tires she was a beast in the snow, so I am hoping the sienna can handle just as well. I am absolutely loving my new van and it was definitely worth the wait!!
Congrats on your new van! I might order a 2022 Sienna soon...did the dealer ask for the loan qualification when you placed the order? or can that be done when the van is delivered?

·
Registered
44 Posts
If you need the RES, a superior roof mounted dvd player with full integration can be had for $600 to 1k professionally installed. Car audio places can easily do it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Congrats on your new van! I might order a 2022 Sienna soon...did the dealer ask for the loan qualification when you placed the order? or can that be done when the van is delivered?
No, but my husband works for the dealer, so it may be different for others.

·
Registered
46 Posts
No, but my husband works for the dealer, so it may be different for others.
Thanks. I like the trim you got...but I want to install a digital rear view mirror as it is important to me. The trims that come with it are the Limited and the Platinum but i don't like their front grill! So i'm now researching if it's possible for the dealer to install it on XSE after receiving it from the factory!

21 - 37 of 37 Posts