Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased the Sierra Mist Gold. From an online only website.
I have a question for the location for the turn signal flasher as I am getting a fast flash that is driving me crazy!
I have read that it is up in no mans land way up under the dash above the steering column if the dash cover was removable it would be right there so coming in from the bottom it is an arms reach up there.
Thank you all for the previous post and I hope this helps someone else as well.

·
Registered
25 Posts
There isn't an "old school" flasher on newer vehicles. The flashing function is controlled by the body computer. The ticking sound you hear is coming from a small speaker. Regardless, even if it had one, a different flasher wouldn't have solved this problem. You need to install load resistors in parallel with the LED bulbs to get them to flash correctly. Some LED replacement bulbs meant for this purpose have the load resistors built into them.

·
Registered
2009 Sienna LE
146 Posts
Just to clarify, if you exit the vehicle with the turn signal on, are the turn signal lamps on the front and back also flashing fast?

As far as I understand, this means the system is seeing less resistance than normal. The fast flash is to alert you that you have a burned out bulb. However, with the advent of LED, both bulbs can be lit but still be lower resistance than the system is expecting, due to the lower wattage of LED bulbs.

As wag3719 said, you have to install resistors as well to bring the system back in line with the computer's expectations to stop the fast flash. I'm not familiar with this process, as I haven't switched any cars to LED.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts