Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all - recently got a 22 AWD Platinum Sienna and want to change out the wheels.

Stock wheels are 18x7.5 w/ +40mm offset. Found a set of 2021 Highlander wheels that are 18x8 w/ +35mm offset that I prefer.

Any issue swapping the wheels and keeping the same stock 235/60r18 tires that came with the Sienna? I assume the wheels will stick out an extra quarter inch plus 5mm? Any issues with the fit of new wheel size and keeping the stock tires on the new wheels?

Thanks for any guidance! If anyone has done something similar please post pics.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I had the same idea but my brother who is a mechanic with Hyundai reminded me that the regenerative braking system on the Sienna hybrid make take more space that standard braking. Those wheels may not fit on your Sienna due to that, let us know if it works out for you

·
Registered
523 Posts
I had the same idea but my brother who is a mechanic with Hyundai reminded me that the regenerative braking system on the Sienna hybrid make take more space that standard braking. Those wheels may not fit on your Sienna due to that, let us know if it works out for you
Not sure if there’s something special with Hyundai’s hybrid set up, but AFAIK the Toyota hybrids have identical brakes to non hybrids. The regenerative braking system is all within the eCVT unit (and MGR if eAWD), and has nothing to do with parts in the friction brakes in the wheels.

·
Registered
326 Posts
Highlander is one of the most similar suspension geometry with the Sienna. It even shares the same front hub part number. +35 offset is fine for both. Just make sure you use Sienna tire sizes.

·
Registered
12 Posts
You want to stick with the same Sienna tire sizes so you dont have any fitment issues or speedo inaccuracies. 235/60/18 is what I use. If you have any doubts. check www.wheel-size.com
There ar no fitment issues, nor will the speedo be off that much to even notice. The difference is 3/4 of an inch. If you search, sienna owners have been doing this, including previous gens.

·
Registered
326 Posts
There ar no fitment issues, nor will the speedo be off that much to even notice. The difference is 3/4 of an inch. If you search, sienna owners have been doing this, including previous gens.
What exactly is your tire size ? To avoid confusion - I was responding to the O/P (jjmejs79)

·
Registered
12 Posts
What exactly is your tire size ? To avoid confusion - I was responding to the O/P (jjmejs79)
I'm running 235/55/20, from a Highlander.

Looks like the op wants to repurpose the tires, going from a 7.5 to 8 wide rim, keeping the same size tires. This wouldn't be a problem using 235 nor would it affect the speedo.

The offset will work as well. His new setup is well within the range of fitment, especially when the sienna comes with 235/50/20 on certain trims

·
Registered
326 Posts
I'm running 235/55/20, from a Highlander.

Looks like the op wants to repurpose the tires, going from a 7.5 to 8 wide rim, keeping the same size tires. This wouldn't be a problem using 235 nor would it affect the speedo.

The offset will work as well. His new setup is well within the range of fitment, especially when the sienna comes with 235/50/20 on certain trims
Yes we both agree the O/P is fine with the Highlander wheel + Sienna 235/60/18 (same as my tire also).

You on the other hand are using a bigger tire 235/55/20 from the Highlander. 24~30mm taller than the Sienna's OEM wheel (based on www.wheel-size.com data) I have no opinion of about your choice of tire size.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just got the 2022 Highlander wheels installed. They are 18x8 w/35 offset. I kept the original Sienna tires. Don’t notice any difference in the drive or handling. Tire shop also swapped over the tire pressure sensors and that all works as well. All in all I’m happy with the update!

Attachments

1 - 15 of 15 Posts