Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

Lots of great info on this forum. Saved me a ton of time and money, thank you!

I had clicking in the dash on the passenger side. Then on my last couple road trips I had only cold air blowing at the passenger, and hot air at the driver when climate was set to "high" on both zones. So I just followed these instructions on replacing my passenger side blend door actuator as per a post that I cannot link to because it's my first post: DIY blend door actuator repair with photos.

Got it replaced with brand new part, but still have cold air blowing on the passenger side and hot air on the driver side when climate is set to "high" on both. Could it be a blown fuse for the actuator? If so which one is it? I could not figure it out from the fuse diagram in the fuse box under the hood.

Any ideas on what else it could be?

Thank you!
Phil
2004 Sienna XLE with around 150,000 miles.

·
Registered
87 Posts
We have a similar, but opposite problem. The heater works everywhere in the vehicle EXCEPT the driver which only blows cold air, even if set on High. 2008 Sienna XLE.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
After further research and testing I believe the temperature blend door actuator is in fact working,but only for the colder temperatures. I cannot get the full range of temperatures as I do on the driver side.

Is it correct that on the XLE model I need to re-set a code somehow?

If so how can I do it?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thank you,

·
Super Moderator
5,028 Posts
I'm going to assume that you got it installed properly and it's engaging all of the moving parts. I don't remember which servo, but some have more than one linkage to engage.

Before you installed the servo, did you move the linkages to be sure they moved freely? Could you get heat if you manually moved them?

It's not uncommon on older vans to have some degree of clogs/restrictions in the heater core. Because of the way coolant flows into/out of it (just above the gas pedal), the heat will be greatest on the left (drivers side). Deposits form on the right side eventually cutting off heat on that side. Mixing coolant types is a big contributor to this - sludge formation.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts