Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

21 - 40 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
2021 XSE AWD
180 Posts
Here is the 2nd row with lens removed. It’s down firing so a LED replacement with a top diode would be best

·
Registered
2021 XSE AWD
180 Posts
Here is the 2nd row with lens removed. It’s down firing so a LED replacement with a top diode would be best

·
Registered
105 Posts
I hope somebody better than I will be able to complete this job. I was able to take the map light assembly down. Note the two red clips are towards the windshield and you have to pull from the windshield towards the cabin. That was the easy part. From there I had a lot of difficulty removing the power ribbon cable which limited my ability to open the assembly to access the lights or even get good pictures of the bulb. There is definately no way to replace the bulbs without taking the assembly down. And then disassembling the housing. Definately not a job for the faint of heart.
So, were they LEDs or incandescent?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Honestly couldn't tell, but does it matter? They're too dim regardless and I hope someone will be able to replace them.
It matters in terms of draining the battery if you use them a lot with the engine off, or forget them on.
I have a friend who did LED conversion on his Subaru because his 3 year old kept tinkering with the switches and killing his battery in winter overnight,

·
Registered
8 Posts
Anyone tried to install dash cam, not sure if I can connect the wire to power the cam directly to map light assembly . or i need to run the wire all the way down

·
Registered
29 Posts
A Facebook poster got one step further than me before turning around. After getting the assembly down "(he) got the front, side and back clips out, but the dead center of it is bound by some internal clips. Hard to gauge the strength you need to apply when you can't see it."

·
Registered
2021 XSE AWD
180 Posts
I applaud the effort, but they are warm LEDs inside that switch panel.

Adding a shot of the Diode Dynamics HP5 warm tint LEDs. Exposure adjusted to what my 39 year old photographer eyes sees.

You can also spot the dimmable/color temp adjustable LED gooseneck light I have in the 3rd row for ambient/digging through bag light.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I bought this t10 led off amazon as it was advertised as 5000k but it looks more like 3000k. Anyway, it is still an upgrade from the halogen bulbs as it is at least 1.5x brighter. Also installed this on the door panels.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I'm tempted to spray in the interior of some of those housings with silver or line it with silver mirrored card stock.

Especially on the 2nd row and puddle lights. Seems like over 60% of the light is wasted shining into a non reflective surface. Im using my favorite go to Philips Ultinon LEDs so I want every single lumen out of the housing.
Planning to do the same thing. Maybe in white. Do you still plan on doing it?

·
Registered
2021 XSE AWD
180 Posts
Planning to do the same thing. Maybe in white. Do you still plan on doing it?
No, I realized as I was installing these between baby naps I don’t have that kind of single guy free time anymore. White would definitely add nice diffusion. Vinyl wrap would work great for this

·
Registered
2021 XSE AWD
180 Posts
What I’m really hoping to do is bright LED puddle light strips when opening the doors. Not sure how to trigger them.

These are KC rock lights.

·
Registered
2019 Toyota Avalon Limited Hybrid with Advanced Safety Package
95 Posts
So awesome of you to post such detailed info! Does anyone know if the platinum trim comes with all interior LEDs by chance? If not, when I can get one with something other than the Tri-color menagerie of interior conflicting colors, I’ll be replacing all of them.

·
Registered
Toyota Sienna 2021 AWD Platinum
394 Posts
So awesome of you to post such detailed info! Does anyone know if the platinum trim comes with all interior LEDs by chance? If not, when I can get one with something other than the Tri-color menagerie of interior conflicting colors, I’ll be replacing all of them.
Our Platinum doesn't have LEDs :(.

For interior, more choices would be better. However, I don't find anything offensive about current single choice. In fact, it has grown on me quite a bit. There's good possibility I would pick the same next time around even if there were more choices. It looks and feels a lot different in person if you haven't had chance to test drive one. At the end of the day, it is a very personal choice and no one opinion, or choice of interior, can make all happy.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I hope somebody better than I will be able to complete this job. I was able to take the map light assembly down. Note the two red clips are towards the windshield and you have to pull from the windshield towards the cabin. That was the easy part. From there I had a lot of difficulty removing the power ribbon cable which limited my ability to open the assembly to access the lights or even get good pictures of the bulb. There is definately no way to replace the bulbs without taking the assembly down. And then disassembling the housing. Definately not a job for the faint of heart.
Do you have a video for this?

·
Registered
51 Posts
No, I realized as I was installing these between baby naps I don’t have that kind of single guy free time anymore. White would definitely add nice diffusion. Vinyl wrap would work great for this
Do you think reynolds foil would be a good material for light diffusion? Its easy to mold and mess free. Installs in seconds.

·
Registered
2021 XSE AWD
180 Posts
Do you think reynolds foil would be a good material for light diffusion? Its easy to mold and mess free. Installs in seconds.
Yes but I wanted to avoid anything potentially conductive. Very slim chance of anything happening but I personally wouldn’t risk it

21 - 40 of 61 Posts