Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
61 - 80 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Sienna XLE Plus
445 Posts
Thanks to this thread! I won't be pursuing any LED upgrades anymore. Not worth it for me at all given how little I would actually use interior lighting if there is potential for interference with the key fob.

·
Registered
2021 Sienna Platinum AWD; 2013 Subaru Outback Limited
145 Posts
@np20412 - I was thinking the same exact thing! The first one I was going to do was the cargo area. Still would like a brighter light back there.

·
Registered
2021 Sienna XLE+
27 Posts

This will give you the exact shade you want if you want to gel it and reduce output in favor of a higher cooler color temperature

The best way is to solder in new LEDs if you want 5000-6000K color tint.

View attachment 49500
Has anybody tried soldering new LEDs in place? How much does the board cost if you fry it on accident?

·
Registered
160 Posts
Has anybody tried soldering new LEDs in place? How much does the board cost if you fry it on accident?
I'm very tempted to desolder the old LEDs and solder new ones in, never done it before but don't think it's too difficult if precautions were taken. Does anyone know what size of the SMD LED is being used here? This will be a good weekend project.

If I can get it to work then I'll be able to change out the rest of the interior cabin lights to match the color.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Wouldn't be easier if you just spray paint the inside of the housing white or silver? Or around the area of the light tube and LED. Im not saying spray paint the green board just the housing. So more light reflect around since inside the housing is black.

·
Registered
160 Posts
@lanyaku - would you be able to tell what size is the smd? This is for the 4 smds on the top console board. I'm going to try my hand at desoldering the old ones and solder in new ones. Thanks!

·
Registered
10 Posts
I just did this diy led light install and I feel like my key fob has issues…. Anyone else notice issue with the key fob range..

·
Registered
673 Posts
I just did this diy led light install and I feel like my key fob has issues…. Anyone else notice issue with the key fob range..
Someone else posted about this in a different thread a while back. I think it depends on the brand of bulbs you used and the way they interfere with the receiving antenna for the fob signal. Ours is sometimes weak when trying to lock the door upon exiting, but no major issues

·
Registered
160 Posts
Not sure if this is true, but mine's the same situation. When I rest my finger(s) on the door sensor to lock, it would not unless I hold the keyfob closer. Opening/unlocking is fine.

·
Registered
673 Posts
Here’s the other thread where this was discussed:

·
Super Moderator
348 Posts
Thanks Vanfam12345, I merged the threads as you suggested.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Ok definitely lasfit related, I had some led from my Camry, cheap ones form eBay and the issues went away but no where near as bright….

61 - 80 of 94 Posts