Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
81 - 94 of 94 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have said that I replaced all my bulbs with LED, I guess that was incorrect. I left out the license plate for the LEDs I have are just far too bright. Any good suggestions for a nice white light, but not crazy bright?

You're awesome thanks for the detailed post! I was itching to replace the license plate lights that looked yellow and sad and you detailed everything - thanks!!

·
Registered
673 Posts
I left out the license plate for the LEDs I have are just far too bright. Any good suggestions for a nice white light, but not crazy bright?
The 194s mentioned by the OP worked fine for us (tho I went with a different brand). Have you tried those, or are you saying those are the ones that are too bright?

·
Registered
77 Posts
I have said that I replaced all my bulbs with LED, I guess that was incorrect. I left out the license plate for the LEDs I have are just far too bright. Any good suggestions for a nice white light, but not crazy bright?
I'm using siriusled 194 bulbs from Amazon. I think they're perfect. Not too bright, and great color

·
Registered
20 Posts
I just bought some white ones and they were great for the interior, but they would be very bright on the back end. I don't want a additional "reverse" lamp on all the time.

I used these Amazon.com: SIRIUSLED 194 LED Bulbs Extremely Super Bright 3030 Chipset for Car truck Interior Dome Map Door Courtesy Marker License Plate Lights Compact Wedge T10 168 2825 Xenon White Pack of 10: Automotive

They say twice as bright, I'd like to have a standard amount of light.

The 194s mentioned by the OP worked fine for us (tho I went with a different brand). Have you tried those, or are you saying those are the ones that are too bright?

·
Registered
2 Posts
So it’s on the picture light bulb? Can you send me more pictures if you got it,I had so stressed last night trying to figure out how to change them bulbs

·
Registered
1 Posts
(2nd post since I reached max picture attachments in the original)

Cargo Area
This housing pulls down from the right. I found it easier to separate the headliner from the weather stripping and simply "push-down" the housing. You can disconnect the housing from the wiring harness like the driver/passenger doors. As with that housing, you'll have to pull the cover off. I'd admit this one was a bit nerve-wracking as I was sure I was going to break it.

View attachment 48283 View attachment 48284 View attachment 48285 View attachment 48286

After it's all said in done you'll get a nice bright interior (minus the driver area)
View attachment 48287 View attachment 48288

License Plates
These lights were a little gnarly. The Sienna instruction manual goes into good detail on how to remove these. In fact, it's one of the three lights the manual shows you how to changes (rear turn signal and backup lights are the other). Start off by taking a screwdriver and removing the trim from the left or right side. You'll want to wrap it in tape to protect the paint. One the trim is off you can remove the plastic clear cover. There are two small holes that you need to "press" in order to release the cover. You have to press inwards. Once again, the Sienna's manual does a good job of illustrating this. Once the cover is removed, you can replace the bulb. You can see a good difference in light output (pic taken an hour before sunset).
View attachment 48289 View attachment 48290 View attachment 48291
Hi, first thank you for easy to follow installation. But I just having a hard time popping out the license plate light cover. Do I need to press really hard the small inside the small hole? I am afraid I might break it. And maybe u alao have guide for hardwiring dash cam? Thank you so much!

·
Registered
673 Posts
Hi, first thank you for easy to follow installation. But I just having a hard time popping out the license plate light cover. Do I need to press really hard the small inside the small hole? I am afraid I might break it. And maybe u alao have guide for hardwiring dash cam? Thank you so much!
Replacement of license plate bulbs is actually covered within the manual. Also, LOTS of threads on this site for dashcam install if you search the word dash cam

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello does anyone used this Led lights ?

If yes did you have the problem with the interference with the key fob ?

Automotive parking light Wheel Tire Car Vehicle

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello does anyone used this Led lights ?

If yes did you have the problem with the interference with the key fob ?

View attachment 52792
no.

·
Registered
673 Posts
I didn't use those lights, but I do notice my fob isn't as sensitive as I'd like... mostly when exiting and attempting to lock the vehicle via the door handle sensor... sometimes when attempting to open the rear tailgate from afar... but not bad enough that I'd sacrifice the much better interior lighting at night

·
Premium Member
2021 XLE Plus Gray
864 Posts
I didn't use those lights, but I do notice my fob isn't as sensitive as I'd like... mostly when exiting and attempting to lock the vehicle via the door handle sensor... sometimes when attempting to open the rear tailgate from afar... but not bad enough that I'd sacrifice the much better interior lighting at night
I think that they really cut back on the distance that it will work to make it more difficult for someone to steal the signal and replicate the fob to steal your car. For example, with my older car I can lock the doors from inside the house. If I were able to do that with my Sienna, someone could stand in the driveway and steal the signal with the fob hanging on the key rack.

·
Registered
673 Posts
I think that they really cut back on the distance that it will work to make it more difficult for someone to steal the signal
Indeed possible, but I was unclear above. What I meant to communicate is that I replaced all bulbs (except map reading lights) with LEDs. Just used a different brand than those which were specifically mentioned. Upon doing so, my fob felt less sensitive.

There was a thread here a long while back which mentioned the frequency of the bulbs somehow interferes with the receiving antenna that detects fob signals. No idea if true, but that’s what this individual discovered and shared here upon following the rabbit hole quite deep

·
Registered
2022 XSE+TP AWD
42 Posts
So, I guess we need to figure out which brand has no problem with the key fob. Does someone, who has no problem, care to share which bulbs he used? Or all of LEDs are bad up to some extend?

81 - 94 of 94 Posts