Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This morning I got notifications to check my ABS and blind spot monitoring system on my 2016 XLE. I live in the desert and have been having issues with rodents sleeping under my hood and I'm thinking that they chewed through some wires. Any idea if these are on the same circuit or where they might be close to each other for me to check for damage? Or any other ideas as to what would set both systems off or what I should do? Got codes C1241, C1417, C1406.

·
Registered
1,016 Posts
Have you tried doing the OBD ll diagnosis to find out what codes are showing? It may help you isolate the problem.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Have you tried doing the OBD ll diagnosis to find out what codes are showing? It may help you isolate the problem.
Ok, I got codes C1241, C1417, C1406. Thinking that might align with rodents chewing the wires, from the front left wheel?

·
Super Moderator
5,019 Posts
Sounds like a good place to start looking.

·
Registered
3 Posts
i had something similar on the left side of 2015 sienna. It was a chewed wire on the wire harness, causing the wire to short and cause a couple of things to not work temporarily, repaired that segment and fixed the issue

·
Registered
213 Posts
I have never used it, but I have seen goop to put on wires that allegedly tastes really bad to rodents.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts