Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2014 Sienna LE
573 Posts
Honda does not have a hybrid powertrain to fit the North American Odyssey, and I don't think they are working on one. Some people will buy the Odyssey because of the brand loyalty, and because in general it's a great, roomy and comfy minivan overall (if you don't need AWD, good fuel economy, and don't mind the drooping rear's optics).
I considered an Odyssey, as I was happy with my prior 2013 Honda Pilot, a 2007 Honda Accord, my ex-wife's 2013 Honda CR-V, and the 1991 Honda Accord I drove when I was a teen (until I crashed it). But reports of transmission issues in the Odyssey and the apparent reliability of the Sienna lead me to buying my current 2014 Sienna LE when I was in the market for a minivan this spring.

I do think the "conventional" styling of the Pacifica is better than the new Sienna, and I wonder if that's a factor in some of the sales of the Pacifica over the Sienna. Like you, I also suspect Crystler has avoided some of the supply chain issues, and simply has more availability than the Sienna, especially considering the wait periods I see people report here for new Siennas and the markups they can support, and this may be a larger factor. In fact I'd bet it is, as I can't see styling alone being a reason people would pass up on the mileage of the Sienna. Well...unless they really want the PHEV, since it does have enough range for a lot or most of a typical commute to be on battery. I really think Toyota is missing out not offering the Sienna in a PHEV model.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts