Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we have a 2020 Limited and for the first couple of months the theater or stadium or whatever it’s called lighting around the second moonroof worked fine.
I looked one day and it wasn’t working. I have checked with the ceiling console button pushed and not pushed. I’m not sure what’s up.

I know it’s got warranty, but I’d rather just replace a fuse or something instead of taking it in, it’s our only vehicle right now.

Does anyone know which fuse this runs through? Or has anyone had a similar issue?

·
Registered
975 Posts
Your best bet is to bring it to the dealer. It's a new model. It's my first time to hear this particular issue in this forum. Check manual for the possible fuse location. Hopefully someone can help you here. But I would go straight to the dealer now. I know it's your only vehicle.

·
Registered
2,886 Posts
The LED lights at the sides of the rear moonroof are called "rear ceiling lights" in my 2014 Sienna owners manual and are on the same "DOME" 7.5 amp fuse as the rest of the interior lights.

Are you certain you are pressing the correct button? It's the button with the "waning moon" symbol. The little lights don't do much unless it is completely dark. I find it interesting how they operate somewhat independently of the door switch although the timer turns all interior lights off at the same time. Even with the door light switch in the off position, the lights at the side of the rear moonroof still illuminate when a door is opened - the only interior lights that do.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The LED lights at the sides of the rear moonroof are called "rear ceiling lights" in my 2014 Sienna owners manual and are on the same "DOME" 7.5 amp fuse as the rest of the interior lights.

Are you certain you are pressing the correct button? It's the button with the "waning moon" symbol. The little lights don't do much unless it is completely dark. I find it interesting how they operate somewhat independently of the door switch although the timer turns all interior lights off at the same time. Even with the door light switch in the off position, the lights at the side of the rear moonroof still illuminate when a door is opened - the only interior lights that do.
yes I double checked the correct button. The interior lights do work, so I’ll try and run it by the dealer sometime.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I went by today and dropped it off. They said, “we couldn’t figure out what’s wrong so we ordered you a new overhead light assembly, that is probably the problem”.
That’s disappointing as far as a dealer throwing parts at the car (I was an automotive technician for 4 years at two dealerships) so I am familiar with lazy technicians.
Also they said they have to pull the entire headliner to replace the lights, which I am also not super happy about. It’s literally a 6 month old van and now someone is about to play dis-assemble with the interior in the hopes of fixing the issue.
I’m really going to be upset if they mess something up or scratch /damage any of the A, B, C, or D pillar trim...

Just venting I guess. 😣

1 - 5 of 5 Posts