Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I didn't think there was, but I stopped by our local dealership (where both my Sienna and earlier Prius came from) and spotted a couple of 'Enners, sitting in the middle of the lot, with window stickers attached, and no customers or employees busying themselves around the vans. That said it was 7AM .....

The inventory says 7 units (sale pending on all), and the dealer markup ("adjustment") is $2K on each. These two were LE FWD, which is the cheapest, and about $45K OTD.

Wheel Car Tire Vehicle Land vehicle

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
With big markups and long waiting lists you can bet they're sold and just haven't been picked up yet.
Most likely, but they are advertised on the web page and displayed on the lot anyway. I am assuming that some folks order a few vans from different dealerships, and/or change their minds, which will result in a certain number of rejected deliveries. Also I noticed both physically present vans were LE FWD, whereas people are usually trying to hunt down higher specs.

·
Registered
763 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
A FWD LE is my first choice by far. AWD is unnecessary in SC and the LE has fewer gizmo's to go wrong.
I tend to agree about the gizmos, especially these days when even reputable car makers can't get their QC together, although I do miss one creature comfort gizmo in the LE Plus: the heated front seats :)

Regarding AWD .... I have had my most embarrassing and time-consuming "getting stuck" adventures on wet grass, loose gravel, and shallow mud, which are not really climate-or geography-specific. Also I believe AWD is good to have when driving in heavy rain. So, it's AWD for me, if I can help it.

Reactions: ROJA
1 - 3 of 3 Posts