Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
324 Posts
Re: Third-Generation (2011) Towing Equipment - trailer wiring

What should it cost to have a hitch installed (2011 Limited FWD, CX/PT/AT packages)?

·
Registered
56 Posts
Just the hitch should be about 3/4 of an hour labor in addition to the hitch cost, and the wiring harness would likely be an hour of labor. All depends on what the labor rate is. I did it myself, and that's the amount of time I spent on the install (no lift, just a jack and stands). I spent a good deal of time carefully routing the power to the wiring harness through the interior along the driver's side and through an existing grommet in the firewall to the battery.

Hitch receiver was about $170 for a Curt 2" setup, I believe the wiring was another $70 or so and the actual ball mount and ball was another $25 or $30. I got some parts from Amazon, some from etrailer.com. These are educated guesses...I can't find the receipts immediately.

·
Premium Member
141 Posts
My dealer has an accessories coordinator who ordered the parts for my 2 inch class 3 hitch and wiring harness. Total parts and install at dealer was $845.

·
Registered
2018 XLE AWD
290 Posts
My dealer has an accessories coordinator who ordered the parts for my 2 inch class 3 hitch and wiring harness. Total parts and install at dealer was $845.
All I can say is "YEEOOOWWWCCCHHH!!!"

I got my hitch for my '05 LE last year at U-Haul. I think the hitch was about $140, they charged $25 to install it. (I tried, but the threads were all rusted in the frame.)
I was on the road and trying to get home when I had to get the van to replace the Previa that died, so I had to overnight a wiring harness from eTrailer. Harness was about $35, shipping was $55, total of $90. I already had the drawbar, ball, pin and all that stuff that I removed from the Previa. Yep, just over $250 for the package.

·
Premium Member
2,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
That sounds like the pricing for an OEM accessory hitch, plus OEM accessory wiring harness, plus some $100+/hour installation time... in Canada. Strange, since any 2" receiver hitch is not OEM, and should be 1/3 of the price (for the part, not labour) of the OEM accessory.

Datsa noydb's prices sound about typical for the U.S. with aftermarket parts (the cost is significantly higher in Canada, but still no where near the dealer's prices with OEM accessory components).

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi -

New to the forum and need some help. I just purchased a 2013 Sienna Ltd and will need a hitch for a bike rack. The dealer advised that is would cost over $1,000 but it would be a better looking hitch than what I could get elsewhere (would blend in better with the rear bumper and not be as noticeable), but he could not show me what it would look like. It appears, from the dealers website, that they are using Draw Tite Max Frame Receiver 75696 which does match up to the company website.

Can anyone confirm this and advise if this hitch would be better suited for the Sienna then the Curt which appears to be a popular hitch and from the pictures posted appears to look fine to me. I have found a place that does carry the Draw Tite, but have not contacted them yet to see if they have this particular one and what the cost would be. I do know that we cannot install any hitch ourselves.

I am also concerned about the bike carrier on this vehicle. It is a Xport Slipstream and we carry 4 bikes and wondering if it might be to heavy/hang to low on the van. Any thoughts or suggestions? Do I need to add the airbags I've read about? What exactly are they and how do they work?

I need to the find the right combination of hitch and bike carrier as the van was not my husband's choice, he wanted the Sequoia, but I didn't think it was practical for everyday driving and hauling kids etc., so anything that he can use ......;)

Thanks for any input.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts