Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
41 - 60 of 77 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
So I submitted an inquiry to Toyota about this and they referred me back to the dealer. I have an appointment with the Auto shop manager on Tuesday to take a look. They keep telling me that all of the 2021 Siennas have this problem which is clearly not true.
My husband just made an appointment because we realized about that same issue and we thought that there was something wrong but now I see there’s many people having the same issue on the 2021 model

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
My husband just made an appointment because we realized about that same issue and we thought that there was something wrong but now I see there’s many people having the same issue on the 2021 model
In the past people - including myself - reported on this forum that the seats can be held down by a bungee cord. I wouldn't know if a dealership would be able to find a better fix, since it's not a broken latch situation, but rather a design "feature".

·
Registered
2021 Sienna XLE Plus
424 Posts
Apparently this al
In the past people - including myself - reported on this forum that the seats can be held down by a bungee cord. I wouldn't know if a dealership would be able to find a better fix, since it's not a broken latch situation, but rather a design "feature".
Apparently this also works

·
Registered
121 Posts
Apparently this also works
I saw this on Reddit and was going to share here, but I couldn’t really get it to work for myself. I only spent about 10 seconds trying though.

I was actually thinking you could use something like the product linked below. Screw the bottom portion of the button to the back of the seat, run through the metal support like your picture had, and then snap onto the back of the seat.

Amazon.com : EZ-Xtend Pontoon Boat Accessories - Ladder Strap, Stainless Steel Snap and Stainless Steel Screw Stud Included - Extra Heavy Duty UV Resistant w/ 4500 lb. Breaking Strength - 1 Piece (24"x1") : Sports & Outdoors

·
Registered
170 Posts
Any updates from Toyota on a fix for this problem? My dealer recently contacted me and asked me to bring it in for an "inspection" but I told them they could see this on any 2021 Sienna - they should all have the same issue.

·
Registered
2021 Toyota Sienna LE AWD
17 Posts
Any updates from Toyota on a fix for this problem? My dealer recently contacted me and asked me to bring it in for an "inspection" but I told them they could see this on any 2021 Sienna - they should all have the same issue.
My dealer put in a "bug report" with Toyota a couple of months ago. I haven't heard back from anyone yet.
Additionally, I responded to the "Product Quality Survey" from Toyota recently with info on this issue. Let's see if they get back.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
My dealer put in a "bug report" with Toyota a couple of months ago. I haven't heard back from anyone yet.
Additionally, I responded to the "Product Quality Survey" from Toyota recently with info on this issue. Let's see if they get back.
Same here. Dealer was mostly in denial. I reported to Toyota Corporate who referred me back to the dealer.

·
Registered
2021 Sienna Limited • Predawn Mica Gray
36 Posts
Few weeks ago, when I went over train tracks (slight hump), the left 3rd row seat popped up and locked into position. Few days later, I braked hard when some idiot swerved into my lane, and the right 3rd row seat popped up and locked into position.

I meant to buy bungee cords a while ago, but every time I go to the store, I forget.

·
Registered
2021 Sienna Limited • Predawn Mica Gray
36 Posts
Me and several other folks have had good luck using the trifold liner, for this and other coverage related issues
Cheapest I found was $126.50 + tax (after 5 minutes of Googling). So I need to spend another ~$140 for this trifold liner???

·
Registered
575 Posts
Cheapest I found was $126.50 + tax (after 5 minutes of Googling). So I need to spend another ~$140 for this trifold liner???
The prices seem to vary across time and across dealers. When we got ours, it was below $100 fully shipped to our door (invoice + tax + shipping), but supply chain issues right now are also affecting accessories like this one and I've seen higher prices lately (one post about a week ago showed a $180 price tag for this item).

You can google the part number and play around with the first several Toyota parts sites to see who can get you the lowest final cost, but yes. It's an extra add-on I'm recommending. It's basically an all-weather mat for you to use when the 3rd row seats are down and it has the side benefit of putting weight on 3rd row seats that seem to bother so many people for not clicking locked into place.

·
Premium Member
327 Posts
I think what Vanfam and other liner-owning folks are saying is that if you have a liner it will likely hold the 3rd row down (along with protecting the surfaces from muck, scratches and other damage).

If you don't need a liner for protection against damage, it would be too expensive - and too unwieldy to use - for the single purpose of securing the 3rd row. A bungee cord would be much cheaper of course

Reactions: onstar
41 - 60 of 77 Posts