Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just installed the Morimoto Elite HID kit because I've seen posts on here regarding it as favorable. But for some reason, I'm not all that crazy about it. It seems to project the same weird shadows on on the lower left and right corners of the beam pattern. It almost seems no different than the regular Xentec and HID Warehouse stuff I've tried before, which is very disappointing.

I have tried countless different LED bulbs and have settled on one that works great for projector headlights, but with the Snow Season fast approaching, I am in need of something that can melt the snow off the headlight housing. I might just have to bite the bullet and go with Silverstars for the winter and LEDs for the rest of the year.

Luckily I have the Morimoto LED Fog lights which make up for some of the poor shadow effects of the HID.

Was my experience the same as yours? I'll load some photos tomorrow showing the shadow laden areas.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I just installed the Morimoto Elite HID kit because I've seen posts on here regarding it as favorable. But for some reason, I'm not all that crazy about it. It seems to project the same weird shadows on on the lower left and right corners of the beam pattern. It almost seems no different than the regular Xentec and HID Warehouse stuff I've tried before, which is very disappointing.

I have tried countless different LED bulbs and have settled on one that works great for projector headlights, but with the Snow Season fast approaching, I am in need of something that can melt the snow off the headlight housing. I might just have to bite the bullet and go with Silverstars for the winter and LEDs for the rest of the year.

Luckily I have the Morimoto LED Fog lights which make up for some of the poor shadow effects of the HID.

Was my experience the same as yours? I'll load some photos tomorrow showing the shadow laden areas.
i reluctantly removed my set after 4 years. the fuse had melted into its casing. i had to complete a 4 hour drive on a pitch black highway using only my fogs. after removing, i also noticed the shroud/bezel around the projectors had melted.

otherwise, they were great. i re-aimed my lights to account for the beam pattern.
IMG_20200903_084650.jpg
IMG-20200906-WA0006.jpeg

·
Registered
258 Posts
i reluctantly removed my set after 4 years. the fuse had melted into its casing. i had to complete a 4 hour drive on a pitch black highway using only my fogs. after removing, i also noticed the shroud/bezel around the projectors had melted.

otherwise, they were great. i re-aimed my lights to account for the beam pattern.
View attachment 47275 View attachment 47276
wow that’s concerning - I used Morimoto’s HD Relay Harness with my HID projector retrofit (albeit with Denso ballasts - not sure if that makes any difference)

the issue with the bezel chrome flaking off is a known issue on the earlier models with the headlight refresh - see this thread here 2015 Sienna SE headlights FACTORY DEFECT!! - it happened with folks who have stock halogen headlights as well.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts