Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
In case anyone is shopping for a rooftop cargo carrier, Amazon just delivered our new Thule Force XXL rooftop cargo carrier. It fit perfectly as I had barely enough room for the power lift gate to fully open. If it didn't fit, I was going to adjust the height on the opening of the power lift gate which is a nice feature on the XLE.

I had a previous Sportrack cargo carrier for our 2015 Sienna that only opened from the rear. For our 2021 Sienna it was impossible to access the Sportrack container since there is no bumper step when the lift gate is closed. Fortunately, the new Thule opens on both sides as I can easily access when the sliding doors are open.

Installation is very simple, but it will take two people to lift the carrier onto the crossbars.This is the largest cargo carrier that Thule manufactures at 22 sq. feet. It's fairly light weight and should serve its purpose on our family road trips this summer. My crossbars are the standard Toyota crossbars that came with our new Sienna.

Attachments

·
Registered
135 Posts
That lift gate sure is close to the box. I guess if you have wiggle room, you'll need to make sure its pushed forward before tightening it down each time you mount it.
I think most people are concerned with the gate hitting it with the XXL.

Could you add a full van with box photo? It looks huge on the Sienna.

·
Registered
2021 XSE AWD PP Celestial Silver Metallic
101 Posts
That is a nice cargo box. Please report your MPG after a few trips, it would be interesting to see the effect it has, as it looks very aerodynamic.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That lift gate sure is close to the box. I guess if you have wiggle room, you'll need to make sure its pushed forward before tightening it down each time you mount it.
I think most people are concerned with the gate hitting it with the XXL.

Could you add a full van with box photo? It looks huge on the Sienna.
The cargo box is set to the forward most position. I just added a photo of the full length of my Sienna and the cargo box. I thought it would cover more of the sunroof but it doesnt.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That is a nice cargo box. Please report your MPG after a few trips, it would be interesting to see the effect it has, as it looks very aerodynamic.
I definitely will. As a comparison, my 2015 Sienna with the Sportrack cargo box averaged 19-20 MPG on long road trips, so I'm looking forward this summer to seeing what I can get with my new hybrid!

·
Registered
135 Posts
The cargo box is set to the forward most position. I just added a photo of the full length of my Sienna and the cargo box. I thought it would cover more of the sunroof but it doesnt.
Thats a big box. Thought it would be too big but looks ok.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts