Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
241 - 256 of 256 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Sienna XLE
285 Posts
This is actually one of the things that frustrates me about the van. I’d like to be able to see that level of trip stat data without having to shut the van off and grab a photo before it disappears.
I believe that I have also seen the trip information in the vehicle information display on the MID. The manual does not show a picture of this display.

·
Registered
575 Posts
I believe that I have also seen the trip information in the vehicle information display on the MID. The manual does not show a picture of this display.
No. I’ve tried every setting and config on the MID. Nothing like miles traveled, trip duration, overall economy, etc. is available while the van is moving. At least not in my PLT with the bigger screen (plz correct me if I’m wrong tho).

·
Registered
Toyota Sienna 2021 AWD Platinum
681 Posts
No. I’ve tried every setting and config on the MID. Nothing like miles traveled, trip duration, overall economy, etc. is available while the van is moving. At least not in my PLT with the bigger screen (plz correct me if I’m wrong tho).
May be you're aware of it already, but have you looked at the Trip Info on Infotainment screen?

Infotainment Trip Info shows all but Trip MPGs. I will have to double check what all it shows, but it definitely has time, distance travelled, and average speed. It does have a MPG bar that jumps up and down real time. I wish it had Trip MPG but it doesn't.

Btw, my recent 5 minutes playing with the OBD2 scanner shows that there are over 180 or so real time monitoring criteria. I saw several related to fuel consumption but I left it at that. Some of them were to confusing or inaccurate? I couldn't tell.

·
Premium Member
2021 XLE Plus Gray
788 Posts
HOW TO LOCK YOUR FOB IN THE VEHICLE
I previously posted that I could not find a way to lock the fob in the vehicle. However, I found the following in the Owner's Manual on page 167:
"Do not leave the electronic key on top of the instrument panel or near the door pockets when exiting the vehicle. Depending on the radio wave reception conditions, it may be detected by the antenna outside the cabin and the door will become lockable from the outside, possibly trapping the electronic key inside the vehicle."
The outside antennas appear to be in the outside handles of both front doors so this would apply to both sides of the vehicle.

·
Registered
228 Posts
If you have the HUD, you can change the hybrid system display to a standard tachometer to show RPMs. It’s a setting in the MID under HUD.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Yes you need that info to know when to shift from eco to sport mode......🤣🤣🤣.......would not want to redline this beast.
The van has an actual “gear” select (move shift knob to left from drive). Seems silly to have a method for “downshifting” a CVT without a tachometer. The “power” indicator on the hybrid system gauge is a kindergarten tachometer, but is neither as accurate or specific as an actual tach.

I know yours will collect dust though.

·
Registered
562 Posts
I have been trying to keep it dusted out with that goo detailing stuff. I encourage all to explore all the shifting the computer will allow you to do and not harm your engine or hybrid system.

My previous car had a electronic manual/automatic shift and the computer would not let you redline it, shifting automatically to protect the engine. Occasionally I would use it to pass a car on a long upward incline vs flooring it to make it down shift. It had an actual tach which I thought was a waste of dash space.

·
Registered
228 Posts
I have been trying to keep it dusted out with that goo detailing stuff. I encourage all to explore all the shifting the computer will allow you to do and not harm your engine or hybrid system.

My previous car had a electronic manual/automatic shift and the computer would not let you redline it, shifting automatically to protect the engine. Occasionally I would use it to pass a car on a long upward incline vs flooring it to make it down shift. It had an actual tach which I thought was a waste of dash space.
It’s hard for me to wrap my brain around operating an ICE without a tach. I learned to drive on a manual, and I frequently tow with my truck, so RPMs are just one of the primary languages of automobiles to me. Oil temp is another but so few vehicles have that on the dash anymore, either. I likewise wish there was some indication of how much charge the battery has in numbers or how many kW the motors are putting out. I just like the stats and info I guess.

I am glad there is some customization allowed, though. A tach buried in the HUD is better than none at all to me.

·
Registered
170 Posts
TIL (actually learned this before but had to learn it again) that pushing the right stalk forward vs. backward activates the rear hatch glass sprayer and wiper. This is a different interface than I've seen in other vehicles and wasn't immediately intuitive, so perhaps this will help others.

·
Premium Member
2021 XLE Plus Gray
788 Posts

Page 241 of Owners Manual
To prevent the engine from overrevving, upshifting may automatically occur when the shift range is 4 or lower

241 - 256 of 256 Posts