Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

41 - 60 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
TIL the climate system is very intuitive. At least in eco mode (unsure about other modes), the system knows when I'm driving by myself vs. When I have passengers. If I'm alone, only the drivers climate is active. Passenger vents are shut off and rear climate zone is disabled.

If I pick up a passenger in the front, the passenger climate zone will enable, but the rear system remains off. If I put passengers everywhere, the whole system enables. I have not yet tried rear passenger and no front passenger, so not sure what the system would do there.

·
Registered
Toyota Sienna 2021 AWD Platinum
243 Posts
TIL that SiriusXM radio has rewind options. I suppose it works thru data connection. I wonder if it will continue new to work after 3 months trial period expires. Or may be it DVRs last few channels like FIOS DVR. I don't plan on keeping it past free trial so haven't bothered to Google it yet.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Went for a short drive, weather was nice so I turned off the AC and fan, but there was still air flow out the 2 mid vents in the front when I'm moving. Is this supposed to happen?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
150 Posts
Went for a short drive, weather was nice so I turned off the AC and fan, but there was still air flow out the 2 mid vents in the front when I'm moving. Is this supposed to happen?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Yes. If you turn the air flow button to recirculate (the u-turn type arrow within the car symbol) then you won't get any air. If it's on "fresh air" setting (the arrow thru the whole car symbol) then you'll get outside air in as the car moves, just naturally (not thru use of fan or AC)

·
Registered
24 Posts
TiL that Toyota misleads you to believe that when buying a Limited AWD trim you are getting Ottoman's. You are not. Thank you Toyota for teaching us a valuable lesson to not trust anyone. :ROFLMAO: Trick me once....

·
Registered
2021 Sienna XLE
24 Posts
TiL that Toyota misleads you to believe that when buying a Limited AWD trim you are getting Ottoman's. You are not. Thank you Toyota for teaching us a valuable lesson to not trust anyone. :ROFLMAO: Trick me once....
The specs for the Limited only show the ottomans for the FWD model.
AWD: 7-passenger seating with premium leather-trimmed second-row-seat captain's chairs with super-long-slide feature
FWD: 7-passenger seating with premium leather-trimmed second-row-seat captain's chairs with super-long-slide feature and ottoman

I believe the ottoman adds weight as does the AWD. Adding both limits cargo capacity too much.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Yes that's how it works. It's unsettling at first and I barely trusted it. Now I trust it 90 percent of the time. I just did a 1200 mile trip from Florida to Texas and there were times when I went several hours with nothing but a guiding hand on the wheel. Only had to take over once or twice aside from changing lanes.

Once you learn to trust the system in the right conditions it becomes less unnerving. Just takes some practice and learning what it responds well to and where it needs a little help from you.

The drive using LTA and DRCC was really easy. Even where traffic slows to stop and go due to constructions was a breeze since the car will slow and stop itself and then start again. Normally I pull my hair out during stop and go, but with this van I felt like I could fall asleep in the stop and go. It was so much less stressful.
Do you have a link you can share? We just picked our xle up today and have no idea what those accronyms are 🤣

·
Registered
150 Posts
Do you have a link you can share? We just picked our xle up today and have no idea what those accronyms are 🤣
The manual does a pretty decent job explaining how they can be Toyota safety sense 2.0 features all work together.

LTA - lane tracing assist
LKA w/ SA - Lane Keep Alert w/ Steering Assist
DRCC - dynamic radar cruise control
PCS - pre collision system
RCTA - rear cross traffic alert
PKSB - parking support brake (when reversing)
BSM - Blind spot monitoring

·
Registered
4 Posts
TIL the climate system is very intuitive. At least in eco mode (unsure about other modes), the system knows when I'm driving by myself vs. When I have passengers. If I'm alone, only the drivers climate is active. Passenger vents are shut off and rear climate zone is disabled.

If I pick up a passenger in the front, the passenger climate zone will enable, but the rear system remains off. If I put passengers everywhere, the whole system enables. I have not yet tried rear passenger and no front passenger, so not sure what the system would do there.
We are buying a New Sienna XSE and have been watching videos about Toyota and Hybrids. Today I learned the main thing to can you to prolong the life of you high voltage batteries is to change the air cooling fan filter don't neglect it. Im sorry we don't have our van yet so I can't tell you where it is, but I'm sure the owners manual talks about it.

This guy does a good job explaining it.

·
Registered
2021 Sienna Limited AWD
148 Posts
TIL 2 things! You can turn down the sensitivity in the lane trace assist to minimize the crazy wobbling and kamikaze tendencies (though they’re still there, it’s not as bad). AND, if you use Toyota’s built in navigation instead of navigating on your phone, you get a noticeable fuel economy boost due to Predictive Efficient Drive!!

·
Registered
30 Posts
We are buying a New Sienna XSE and have been watching videos about Toyota and Hybrids. Today I learned the main thing to can you to prolong the life of you high voltage batteries is to change the air cooling fan filter don't neglect it. Im sorry we don't have our van yet so I can't tell you where it is, but I'm sure the owners manual talks about it.

This guy does a good job explaining it.

The traction battery vents are on the sides of the front seats at the bottom and are easy to vacuum or remove to clean. Be sure not to block the vents with anything as battery cooling is very important to performance and longevity.

·
Registered
37 Posts
1. For Sienna, and also for all other vehicles with Lane maintenance with steering assist, either turn it off in construction areas or areas with confusing lane markings, or get in to habit of holding the steering wheel tight all the time. I generally loosely hang on to steering wheel with one hand at 6'o clock. While driving thru a construction area, my single lane was diverted with traffic cones in to middle turn lane. Our car thought I was getting out of my lane and tried steering back in to the current lane almost hitting traffic cones. That gave me quite a moment. I am not saying it is car's fault, but old habits need new perspectives with new technologies!

2. Squirrels can be people too : This almost feels like made up, but I am not kidding. I was driving in slower neighborhood with 10-15MPH. I happened to notice a squirrel making some quick short movements underneath a parked car 2-3 cars ahead of me on the right. Next thing I know, the RED BRAKE pedestrian alert was on the screen. Had I not noticed the squirrel out of the corner of my eyes, I would have thought ours came standard a Ghost Sensor!

3. If you find your Fuel Door frozen solid, or not opening for any reason, the emergency release of it is in the rear-driver-sidewall. Here is a picture for those who don't have a Spare Wheel. I suppose it be in the same place for those who have a spare wheel, but they will need to pull out the spare wheel first.

I had my fuel door frozen solid on my first fill up. Not knowing which way it is hinged, towards front or back, it made it little bit more guessing game for me on how to gently pry it open.

View attachment 49070
So you pull on the white plastic looking handle? Which way do you pull?

41 - 60 of 73 Posts