Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

61 - 73 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
What if you have the spare tire in the back? Is it the same? I'm still waiting to receive our XLE, hopefully another 7-10 days.
You can reach through the spokes of the spare, you don't need to remove the tire. It just takes a gentle pull towards the back on the white plastic you'll see behind the spare.

·
Registered
197 Posts
TIL 2 things! You can turn down the sensitivity in the lane trace assist to minimize the crazy wobbling and kamikaze tendencies (though they’re still there, it’s not as bad). AND, if you use Toyota’s built in navigation instead of navigating on your phone, you get a noticeable fuel economy boost due to Predictive Efficient Drive!!
Where is the adjustment?

·
Registered
150 Posts
In the
Where is the adjustment?
It's in the settings within the Multi information display in the dash. You navigate to the right most screen with all the options and long press "ok" on each safety system setting. That will give you the option to enable/disable and adjust sensitivity, if available.

·
Registered
2021 Sienna XLE
24 Posts
Reminds me of another TIL.

It can change lanes itself too. Just give the signal. It will automatically proceed to the next lane, left or right, with DRCC.
Just read through this part of the discussion. Although the car does not actually change lanes on signaling, it is possible that LTA (Lane Tracing Assist) may change lanes for you under limited circumstances. It appears that LTA uses the lines on the pavement as a guide until the DRCC (Dynamic Radar Cruise Control) sees another car ahead. In the display on the dash, the image of a car will appear near the top between the lines. LTA at some point then switches to shadow mode, in which it follows the car in front. If the car in front changes lanes, your car may follow and change lanes. However, this function is not guaranteed to happen. This may be what has been observed.

·
Registered
2021 Sienna Platinum AWD; 2013 Subaru Outback Limited
64 Posts
TIL a side door kick trick.

If I kick very close to the van underside, almost scraping the underside with the top of my shoe when I kick, the door opens up on the first kick more frequently than if my foot is closer to the ground.

I got this idea because when I use a towel to wipe & dry the bottom of that plastic trim where the kick sensor logo is located - the wiping opens the side door every time.

I haven't mastered the rear kick yet, but I'm getting better :)

·
Registered
Toyota Sienna 2021 AWD Platinum
243 Posts
Just read through this part of the discussion. Although the car does not actually change lanes on signaling, it is possible that LTA (Lane Tracing Assist) may change lanes for you under limited circumstances. It appears that LTA uses the lines on the pavement as a guide until the DRCC (Dynamic Radar Cruise Control) sees another car ahead. In the display on the dash, the image of a car will appear near the top between the lines. LTA at some point then switches to shadow mode, in which it follows the car in front. If the car in front changes lanes, your car may follow and change lanes. However, this function is not guaranteed to happen. This may be what has been observed.
That's a possibility.

During my testing, I observed it change lanes when the road was all open to myself with nothing ahead of me.
I have also observed it change lanes when I got behind a slow car while the DRCC was On and after I turned on the signal with a clear blind spot.

·
Registered
150 Posts
That's a possibility.

During my testing, I observed it change lanes when the road was all open to myself with nothing ahead of me.
I have also observed it change lanes when I got behind a slow car while the DRCC was On and after I turned on the signal with a clear blind spot.
LOL I still have not been able to get it to do this. I just sit there with my signal on like a doofus. Maybe I got a dumb sienna 😂

·
Registered
Toyota Sienna 2021 AWD Platinum
243 Posts
LOL I still have not been able to get it to do this. I just sit there with my signal on like a doofus. Maybe I got a dumb sienna 😂
haha.. or there is a good possibility that I am imagining things (along with couple others so far ;) )

·
Registered
13 Posts
So I recently came across these youtube videos about keyless car theft. Scared the crap out of me... So glad I can protect myself from these car thefts. Please get yourself a faraday pouch or wrap your car keys.

·
Registered
197 Posts
Just use an empty Altoids box. It's cheap and will never wear out like the pouches do. The other alternative is to turn off the fob by holding down the lock button while pressing the unlock button twice. It will flash 4 times.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just use an empty Altoids box. It's cheap and will never wear out like the pouches do. The other alternative is to turn off the fob by holding down the lock button while pressing the unlock button twice. It will flash 4 times.
oh, i didn't know about deactivating mode on the keyfob. that's helpful. I'll be picking up my Sienna on Friday, let the fun begin... I will use the Altoids box btw. great tip. : )

·
Registered
27 Posts
oh, i didn't know about deactivating mode on the keyfob. that's helpful. I'll be picking up my Sienna on Friday, let the fun begin... I will use the Altoids box btw. great tip. : )
In addition to providing the added anti-theft value of deactivation, it is also a lower-power mode so you battery will last longer. It turns back on as soon as you press any key so it i no-brainer to use it if the keys will sit for even a few days.

61 - 73 of 73 Posts