Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried looking for current all four tires pressure info display in my 2020 Sienna MID and did not find any. Is this omitted in Sienna's MID? If it is, I think it's a bummer. All other new toyotas can view 4 tires pressure info in their respective MIDs. My wife's old and lowly base Cobalt displays all 4 tires pressures the guage info.

·
Registered
129 Posts
I check mine once a month and with seasonal temperature changes adjust to the door sticker numbers as needed. I use the display to let me know if there is a problem with a large change.

·
Super Moderator
4,736 Posts
Unfortunately, your 2020 Sienna is an 'ancient' vehicle, and one of the last still running the original TRW brand TPMS system. It only signifies with a single low pressure icon and does not include a pressure display.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Unfortunately, your 2020 Sienna is an 'ancient' vehicle, and one of the last still running the original TRW brand TPMS system. It only signifies with a single low pressure icon and does not include a pressure display.
Lol...yes it is a bit ancient pretending to be modern with some technology but I'm starting to like it. The new engine and 8-speed are great for me.

·
Super Moderator
4,736 Posts
The Atkinson-emulation engine and 8 spd engine did help to bring it 'forward' a bit, but much of the bones date all the way back to 2004. Yes, we love it for what it is, but there's much that needs to be addressed in the next revision.

·
Registered
55 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Was picking up on-line grocery order at Walmart last week and noticed a FLAT TIRE/LOW TIRE icon on instrument cluster, having only driven the vehicle for less than a month, I didn't have a clue what this icon meant, but, fortunately, another shopper notified me that my drivers side rear tire was really low!

I had a handy tire pump[works from cigarette lighter thingee]and was able to fill to 20lbs, then went to nearby tire center where they found a NAIL in it and repaired...

NOW, I'm actually "reading the users manual,etc" and learning MUCH more...

I've read many post on "how old the new 2020 Sienna is,"etc..but this is the first "new" car I've bought in 2 decades and it "seems" very modern compared to my old[and still running 2001 Honda Odyssey].

I "wanted" buy a new Honda Odyssey, but their quality control seems to have dropped recently, side sliding doors that "come open", VCM Muzzler issues, auto trans problems, etc.

I choose the Sienna because it looks almost like the old Honda and I like the boxy shape, it won't "lose it's style" in a few years or model body changes like these curvy new trends in minivans.

+ TOYOTA reliability is a big deal with me..this is the last car I'll be buying and if I'm around in another decade or two, I'll still be driving it...:cool:

·
Registered
245 Posts
I use this for tire pressure/temperature monitoring:

·
Super Moderator
4,736 Posts
I use this for tire pressure/temperature monitoring:
I'm just not a fan of any cap that keeps the Schrader Valve permanently open, and now relies on a finger accessible cap seal. It seems too easy for it to accidentally come loose and leak, or for Mall Rats to have some cheap entertainment at your expense.

What I'd love to see is a dash base station (like what you listed) that can be programmed to accept the direct transmissions of the TPMS sensors that you already have installed in your tires! Instead of coming pre-programmed and locked to only listen to those transmission caps, it comes 'blank', and you select the manufacturers protocol (in this case Toyota, TRW OE system), and you then 'upload' the 4 sensor ID's by connecting it to your PC via USB and an app. Or even an "open accept" button for self-learning the 4 sensor transmissions.

Hmmm.... Sounds like I should be submitting another disclosure to the USPTO.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts