Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
280 Posts
I drive almost exclusively non-highway (work from home, don't travel much): our 2011, purchased March 2011, just turned 60K miles. We're on at least our third pair of replacement tires (had a flat and I disremember whether that's part of the three times or a fourth). I've given up worrying about tread life.

·
Registered
50 Posts
I'm liking my new Michelin Defenders BUT I get two MPG less with them. The Firestone OEM tires went 52k and the fuel mileage was better. Defenders are a heavy tire

·
Registered
339 Posts
On my 2nd set of 17" Yokohama's and with keeping the tire pressure around 44PSI and rotation every 5-6K miles, they have held well so far. Though rated for 65K miles, I'll be happy if I go to 40K.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I had similar issues with the original tires of my 2015 XLE fwd. Replaced with Yokohama Avid tires over 2 years ago, they are close to 30k miles and still in good shape. See full thread at https://www.siennachat.com/threads/2015-xle-tires-wearing-out-at-16k-miles.36945/

From what I gathered, turns are hard on the front tires as the front is quite heavy, so if you drive mostly in the city like we do you”ll likely see more wear on the edges of the tires after not-so-much mileage. Inflating to higher PSI, regular rotation and being more gentle on turns can help, though not totally solve the problem.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts