Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

Torklift Ecohitch finished product

99K views 211 replies 87 participants last post by  MasterAviator 
I just got an Allen Sports 2” inch bike hitch. But I’m having trouble putting the bike rack into hitch. Is anyone having fitment issues with their 2” trailers or racks ?
Me and 4 of my friends got Allen Premium Locking. No issues for any of us. By any chance, do you have red triangle antiwobble screw turned in all the way? The aluminum half triangle should be loose when you put it in.

Just curious but would the Ecohitch be strong enough to hold up 2 ebikes on the Hollywood Sports Rack bike trailer? It'll be a few hundred pounds pushing down on the hitch. I'm not familiar with hitch ratings or anything like that, my previous vehicle was a sequoia that came with a hitch so I wasn't too worried. I've never done an aftermarket hitch receiver before.
I don't have Ecohitch but its capacity is spelled out in the listing.

"This Toyota Sienna tow hitch is rated for 525 pounds tongue weight at the trailer ball and 3,500 pounds towing weight.".

Length of the bike extension arm also affects the weight that gets applied to Tongue. If the extension arm is long and puts the bike farther back, its limit will be less.

Edit: 525lbs is your upper limit. Looks like the bike rack you mentioned is about 56lbs, and it can take 2x80lbs bikes. You will be way under its capacity.