Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
101 - 120 of 212 Posts
That is correct provided you are using the factory wiring harness. Some after market options require running a lead to the battery which is not accessible through the access point pictured above.

The trim does not need to be removed as the mounting location for the wiring harness is accessible from the outside after the bumper cover is removed via a vent as pictured in post #86.

It took me over a half our to get the trim panes off but about 3 seconds to open the vent. I can tell you which option I will choose when I install another one in a few months.
Thank you for the clarification. I ordered the eTrailer T-one vehicle wiring harness item # TK69FR which looks like it needs to be connected to the battery. Where did you purchase the OEM wiring harness? I will return the etrailer one and get OEM to simplify the install.

Thank you for the clarification. I ordered the eTrailer T-one vehicle wiring harness item # TK69FR which looks like it needs to be connected to the battery. Where did you purchase the OEM wiring harness? I will return the etrailer one and get OEM to simplify the install.
I ordered from Bam Wholesale parts. The harness is 2 parts and it is not nearly as inexpensive as the aftermarket options. Total price was $195. Running a wire to the battery might be worth the savings.

PK960-08B03 Trailer Hitch Adapter $140.40
PK960-08B05 Trailer Wiring Adapter $48.60

I got this one from etrailer:
CodeProductQuantityTotal
TK69FRT-One Vehicle Wiring Harness with 4-Pole Flat Trailer Connector
1$66.37

It plugged right in to the only available open connector in the spare tire area.

View attachment 50135

Slice and punch the rubber plug.

View attachment 50136

First use of the inverter....NICE!

View attachment 50137

Rubber grommet back in place

View attachment 50138
This is what T-one harness looks like installed but I am not seeing where it is spliced into the battery terminal. It looks like this is pretty much plug and play and can be connected from the exterior and through that black panel without having to remove the interior trim. Am I looking at this incorrectly?

Just signed for a 2022 LE AWD to cart around our brood and tow a little fiberglass camper we have. Won’t have to worry about kick sensor because the LE doesn’t have it! Vehicle should be arriving in about a month, and trying to get a jump start on hitch/wiring harness install - thanks to all who shared in this thread. I don’t trust myself enough to deconstruct the rear end of the vehicle and install myself, so will plan for local shop to do the work. I’m trying to find all the materials that will be needed for the install so I can hit the ground running when I get the vehicle. I’m planning for the eco hitch because it looks so much better, is stainless steel and provides better ground clearance. I will need a 7-pin connector, which looks to be one of the trickier parts on this install. So far, my supply list includes:

Hitch
2021-2022 Toyota Sienna - ONLY trailer hitch that does NOT block kick sensor – with Stainless Steel receiver

OEM wiring harness (thanks Bmac13)

4-way to 7-way adapter
https://www.etrailer.com/Trailer-Wiring/CURT/C57672.html

Bracket
https://www.etrailer.com/Accessories-and-Parts/CURT/C57202.html

Does this look like a complete list?

I am concerned about where the bracket for the 7-way pin will be mounted and have yet to see a solution here.

I also have a P3 brake controller from my prior vehicle that I could transplant, but I’m a little concerned about installing it in a complex vehicle like the sienna and all the necessary wiring this will entail (I did it in my very analog Outback and the cruise stopped working and I couldn’t ever figure out how to fix it, I can only imagine what might happen in a new sienna!). Do any of y’all have experience with wired brake controllers in the gen 4 sienna and/or wireless brake controllers? I’d prefer to use my wired P3 since I’m used to it and already have it, but don’t want to have to mess with a bunch of wiring in the dash, so might be forced to use a wireless controller.

We can’t wait to take delivery and go on our first camping trip. Thanks for sharing/helping!

Automotive lighting Automotive tire Automotive design Trunk Luggage and bags

I had mine installed today by All Pro Subaru in Atlanta (Alpharetta). Used the eTrailer T one plug and play harness TK69FR and bough the edge trim from Amazon someone in an earlier post linked. As mentioned above , the wiring harness can be accessed from the exterior of the car once the bumper is removed and no splicing is needed with the T one harness adapter. They relocated the kick sensor to the passenger side and it works great, it’s even easier to reach now. Install cost was $275. It was his first new gen sienna but he did a great job, ask for Brandon.

Agreed, that looks great. I live in Asheville, makes me wonder if I should make the drive to Atlanta to have it done! I have an appointment with the local U-haul here, they said they remove bumpers for hitch installs regularly, so hopefully not too hard…

I still haven’t seen anyone with a 7-way plug installed and where they mounted it…

my hitch is being installed this Fri so I will share some pics and experience afterwards. The price does not include the wiring harness for towing. Wait times is approx 2 months for my hitch as it is being shipped from the US.
Just wondering how the install went. I work 5 minutes from Rack Attack in Vaughan and was also planning on having them do the job. I'd also need to have wiring harness done.

Just wondering how the install went. I work 5 minutes from Rack Attack in Vaughan and was also planning on having them do the job. I'd also need to have wiring harness done.
A lot of great information here and I appreciate the sharing. I just installed mine on my 2021 Sienna and these comments and photos helped me so much. There is quite a bit of clearance inside the bumper cover between the eco hitch and the outer bumper due to the curve of the Sienna OEM cross member and the eco hitch being straight. Has anyone tried to re-fabricate the aluminum cross member to fit with the eco hitch? I am trying to figure a way to close some of that gap in case of being tapped from behind and causing a lot of damage. The bumper would have to move in several inches before hitting the hitch. If anyone has any suggestions or have done something to solve this, I would appreciate some advice. Thanks

Hey @AlbaRallyVan , did your van with the factory installed hitch still have the foot kick sensor installed? I am considering a Woodland but they all come with factory hitch. Curious if the sensor will be there there in the event (very likely) that I want to remove or replace with the hidden hitch.

Appreciate the info if available!
I don’t believe it’s on there.
The side door kick sensors only work when they feel like it so I don’t miss them.

Agreed, that looks great. I live in Asheville, makes me wonder if I should make the drive to Atlanta to have it done! I have an appointment with the local U-haul here, they said they remove bumpers for hitch installs regularly, so hopefully not too hard…

I still haven’t seen anyone with a 7-way plug installed and where they mounted it…
@Tippytj2 - I had the same question. See around post #64 in the thread. I think this is the way to go.

Would love to get a torklift hitch but here in Canada delivery cost is half the price of the rack itself. Can't justify that. Any Canadian distributors that save us on shipping?
Where are you located? I'm in the GTA and have used Shippsy a few times to get stuff across the border, they're very cost effective. Planning to use them to get the OEM trunk mat from the US.

Thanks for all the tips here guys, much appreciated.
Did anyone use loctite on the bolts? I'm thinking not required, but curious what others did.
Assuming no loctite, is it required and/or recommended to pull off the bumper after the first use to re-torque the bolts?

Has anyone seen any sagging issues with hitches so far. It looks like mounting bolts are into sheet metal, not sure if that will hold up long term with an NSR6 bike rack or not.

my hitch is being installed this Fri so I will share some pics and experience afterwards. The price does not include the wiring harness for towing. Wait times is approx 2 months for my hitch as it is being shipped from the US.
Hi Danny, are you still waiting for your hitch to arrive? I just received my Sienna XSE the other week and I live in the GTA as well. I am curious how your install went. Thanks!

101 - 120 of 212 Posts