Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
121 - 140 of 212 Posts
Hey there Sienna Chat Folks !!!

Torklift has provided a coupon code good for $25 off the EcoHitch !!!

Link here :
Torklift EcoHitch for 2021+ Toyota Sienna

The code to be entered at checkout is "RADSIENNA" and will be valid through 03/11/22 only !!!

Hope this helps !!!

- Rodney
I know I’m a little late… are any other coupons available for April? I love this hitch!

Agreed, that looks great. I live in Asheville, makes me wonder if I should make the drive to Atlanta to have it done! I have an appointment with the local U-haul here, they said they remove bumpers for hitch installs regularly, so hopefully not too hard…

I still haven’t seen anyone with a 7-way plug installed and where they mounted it…
Did you get the Torklift hitch installed from U-haul? How did it go and how much is the cost?

Just curious but would the Ecohitch be strong enough to hold up 2 ebikes on the Hollywood Sports Rack bike trailer? It'll be a few hundred pounds pushing down on the hitch. I'm not familiar with hitch ratings or anything like that, my previous vehicle was a sequoia that came with a hitch so I wasn't too worried. I've never done an aftermarket hitch receiver before.

Just curious but would the Ecohitch be strong enough to hold up 2 ebikes on the Hollywood Sports Rack bike trailer? It'll be a few hundred pounds pushing down on the hitch. I'm not familiar with hitch ratings or anything like that, my previous vehicle was a sequoia that came with a hitch so I wasn't too worried. I've never done an aftermarket hitch receiver before.
When you see how it is mounted you would not be the slightest bit worried. I wouldn't hesitate to put 4 ebikes on it.

I don't have Ecohitch but its capacity is spelled out in the listing.

"This Toyota Sienna tow hitch is rated for 525 pounds tongue weight at the trailer ball and 3,500 pounds towing weight.".

Length of the bike extension arm also affects the weight that gets applied to Tongue. If the extension arm is long and puts the bike farther back, its limit will be less.

Edit: 525lbs is your upper limit. Looks like the bike rack you mentioned is about 56lbs, and it can take 2x80lbs bikes. You will be way under its capacity.

Ecohitch installed!

Ended up having Tops and Trends in Fletcher, NC do it (they do a lot of after market work). Not sure how much the labor ended up being as we had them add heated seats and backup sensors at the same time (we have the LE and wife wanted them, but only way we could get AWD and 8-passenger), but it was not cheap. End result looks good I think though! Can’t wait to try towing the camper - will let you know how the mpg is affected.

View attachment 55956
View attachment 55957 View attachment 55956

@Tippytj2 - Looks great! Glad to see you have a 7-way - a few questions:

How is the 7-way plug attached ? It looks great.

Do you know which 7-way that is? I’d like to prefer the same.

where did you place the brake controller in the cabin?

Thanks!

4-way flat: https://www.etrailer.com/Custom_Fit_Vehicle_Wiring/Tekonsha/TK69FR.html

7-way round:

The above 7-way did not come with the wiring for the brake controller or battery, so they had to make the harness, didn’t sound too complicated, just running a wire to the battery and splicing into brake wire.

This 7-way should have everything to install a wired brake controller in the cabin and what I used on my prior vehicle with a Prodigy P3 B:

I ended up not hard wiring a brake controller this time and am instead going to try the Curt wireless controller to avoid all the wiring and mounting inside the cabin - I’ll let you know how it goes.

it appears they just mounted the 7-way plug to the underside of the bumper and it seems pretty secure.

@Tippytj2 - We have the Tekonsha 90160 in our other car, but we are thinking about the Tekonsha 90920 Prodigy ID because it seems to be unobtrusive. Just have to find a place under the dash to hide most of it.

[LINK]

If you get a moment, can you share a pic on how it is attached to the bumper?

Just installed mine. Total time was 3 hours. Spent most of it meticulously cutting the bumper and then getting the screws in.
I received my forklift about 2 months ago and the instructions suggested just mounting the kick sensor two inches higher than where it was originally. I ended up doing that and it works! I just kick to the right of the Torklift and rear hatch opens and closes as it should.
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive design Trunk

Automotive parking light Vehicle Grille Vehicle registration plate Automotive lighting
Hood Blue Water Automotive exterior Rectangle

Attachments

... the instructions suggested just mounting the kick sensor two inches higher than where it was originally. I ended up doing that and it works! I just kick to the right of the Torklift and rear hatch opens and closes as it should.

View attachment 56195
Sounds like updated instructions from Torklift.

I know you just finished, but the kick sensor doesn't trigger if you walk up to the back of the van? I eyeballed re-installing it just like you have it but was worried about setting it off if walking past the rear bumper.

If it doesn't get triggered from behind, definitely a simpler way to reinstall versus folding it in half or hacking up the bracket and pulling the wires tight.

Sounds like updated instructions from Torklift.

I know you just finished, but the kick sensor doesn't trigger if you walk up to the back of the van? I eyeballed re-installing it just like you have it but was worried about setting it off if walking past the rear bumper.

If it doesn't get triggered from behind, definitely a simpler way to reinstall versus folding it in half or hacking up the bracket and pulling the wires tight.
I can confirm that it doesn’t trigger as I walk behind it. Only when I put my foot under the bumper to the right of the hitch.

Finally installed mine today. Took about 4 hours but that was me taking things off and putting them back on. A few notes for anyone else (this was on an LE):
  • Make sure you run the wire to the rear sensor box and your trailer wiring through the small gap on the left side of the hitch between it and the car. Run these when the hitch is still loose.
  • When putting on the hitch, insert the screw and washer into the hole closest to the car on both sides. You won’t be able to insert it after it is installed without taking it off again.
  • I lightly tightened everything then went around and torqued. I had no issues with fit.
  • As someone else stated, the depth of my cut on the bumper cover was only 3 3/8, an inch shorter than directions.
  • PS those clips on the bottom of the bumper cover are dumb. They don’t slide easy at all.

121 - 140 of 212 Posts