Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will the Curt #13470 Class III hitch install and work smoothly on a 2021; Sienna? Thanks

·
Registered
2021 XSE AWD PP Celestial Silver Metallic
118 Posts
Will the Curt #13470 Class III hitch install and work smoothly on a 2021; Sienna? Thanks
According to the eTrailer site and other posts here it will. Others have found it for less money at Carid.
I talked to the nice folks at Torklift and they are working on their design for the 2021 Sienna, said they will have it soon. I'm trying to wait for it since their units are less visible from the rear. Usually only the receiver part can be seen. Call them to get on their list to be notified when it is ready. They cost more, but might be worth it aesthetically and functionally.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I just installed one last week, easy install and works well! Purchased from Uhaul because etrailer was back ordered until May. Summit racing also had a good price and available! IMHO it looks much better than the OEM hitch assembly.

·
Registered
2021 Sienna XSE AWD
18 Posts
According to the eTrailer site and other posts here it will. Others have found it for less money at Carid.
I talked to the nice folks at Torklift and they are working on their design for the 2021 Sienna, said they will have it soon. I'm trying to wait for it since their units are less visible from the rear. Usually only the receiver part can be seen. Call them to get on their list to be notified when it is ready. They cost more, but might be worth it aesthetically and functionally.
They're for sale now. Ordered one today!

·
Registered
118 Posts
I ordered the ecohitch a few days ago. I'll post my installation as soon as I can.

·
Registered
118 Posts
I'm still waiting for them to ship the hitch.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Easy install, removed lower drivers side trim piece, six bolts to install hitch, I installed the curt hitch that etrailer list but purchased at Uhaul for $150.00. Uhaul did not have a wiring harness yet. I ordered the wiring harness from etrailer TK69FR for around $60.00. Seriously the easiest wiring I have ever done, it actually took longer to remove the cover and spare tire than install the harness. So the plug is a 8 pin plug already waiting in the vehicle to be installed, drill small hole for ground, connect 8 pin connector and a few try wraps. Then just slide under the trim and that’s it!
Very interested in hearing how this goes, pictures if possible too of the finished job!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Very interested in hearing how this goes, pictures if possible too of the finished job!
So I just found this third thread here on hitches. I've been only following Gen 4 discussions so I missed it for awhile. Here is the discussion of my Torklift Ecohitch installation. It is interesting to see the difference in my XSE bumper cover and the black Sienna above. That may explain some of the discrepancies I found in the Torklift instructions that I have noted .

·
Registered
9 Posts
So I just found this third thread here on hitches. I've been only following Gen 4 discussions so I missed it for awhile. Here is the discussion of my Torklift Ecohitch installation. It is interesting to see the difference in my XSE bumper cover and the black Sienna above. That may explain some of the discrepancies I found in the Torklift instructions that I have noted .

So I have a 2021 Sienna XLE AWD that is a company fleet vehicle so I am unable to really modify anything on it. The Curt works well and easy on/off. Yes it sticks out more and does sit low so I have scraped it a few times but have been driving multiple Siennas since 2009 and always am aware that the hitches are low. It does still allow the kick sensor to work but I have found they are such a pain in the as* and hard to find I don’t even use them. The hidden one does look a tad nicer for the extra effort! I will move this from vehicle to vehicle unless the redesign them again!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Do you have a measurement to the bottom of your hitch at the receiver? I'm pretty sure the Torklift will be scraping sometime too even at 10"

·
Registered
9 Posts
Do you have a measurement to the bottom of your hitch at the receiver? I'm pretty sure the Torklift will be scraping sometime too even at 10"
Sorry for the crappy picture but it’s really low at about 6 5/8” to the bottom of the hitch
pretty low 6 5/8” to bottom

1 - 16 of 16 Posts