Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Toyota.com has updated their website with the 2023 Sienna (The 2023 Toyota Sienna | Toyota.com)

As reported earlier, mostly a carryover from 2022, but one thing that I didn't expect is the light gray option (celestial silver metallic) has been replaced with the Cement color from the Woodland Edition. Edit: was mistaken, celestial silver metallic is still available, but cement is an option now

·
Registered
447 Posts
Interesting you get the XSE in predawn gray as well as the new cement. In Canada, they discountinued predawn gray for XSE and cement replaced it. But we get less colors overall here anyway.
I will be hounding my sales the moment Canada site gets updated, as he was supposed to update me with 2023 info as soon as it landed.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Just looking at the 25th Anniversary Edition "Build Your Own Toyota" and it's very confusing. The initial press release and announcements said the XSE Plus package and Inverter would be standard on the 25th Anniversary Edition, but when you try to add a spare tire option, it cancels out when you add the Inverter and XSE Plus options. Looks like the only way to get the Inverter and XSE Plus package is to order the Entertainment package that includes these options. My dealer picked one up from allocation for me with the Spare Tire package, but no Inverter or XSE Plus package. Lolooks like there is no way to get one equipped with Spare Tire, Inverter, and XSE Plus - even with ordering the Entertainment package.

Build Your Own Toyota | Toyota Configurator

Thoughts on this development?

Thanks,

Bill

·
Registered
447 Posts
"Ice Cap" first read I thought it would be the "ice cap" color at Tims ;) wonder it would has some metallic flake in it like the windchill pearl.
Haha... Canucks think alike, that's the first thing that came to mind too.
Looks like the Tacoma had the same change from Superwhite to Ice Cap, and it's pretty much the same old flat white. Even the paint code seems to be the same so it's the exact same color. It's either a marketing name change (likely), or some change in the paint process.

·
Registered
447 Posts
I noticed another potential change. It now shows that the Limited and XSE AWD have different 18" wheels, they used to have the same wheels (in Canada at least). Any chance the XSE no longer has the plastic clad (yes, I know I'm dreaming)? Actually, just not being the shiny fake chrome would be a big improvement for me.
Rectangle Font Screenshot Parallel Software

·
Registered
2 Posts
Do folks know if the ‘23 model will have Wireless Apple Car Play? Dealers I talked to in August were expecting it in the ‘23 model, though what’s on the site doesn’t call that out. I couldn’t discern any difference in the platinum trim from the ‘22 model.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Do folks know if the ‘23 model will have Wireless Apple Car Play? Dealers I talked to in August were expecting it in the ‘23 model, though what’s on the site doesn’t call that out. I couldn’t discern any difference in the platinum trim from the ‘22 model.
No, it has the same old infotainment system. Won't be updated until 2024 at least.

·
Registered
925 Posts
Haha... Canucks think alike, that's the first thing that came to mind too.
Looks like the Tacoma had the same change from Superwhite to Ice Cap, and it's pretty much the same old flat white. Even the paint code seems to be the same so it's the exact same color. It's either a marketing name change (likely), or some change in the paint process.
Our superwhite doesn't look as super next to another white vehicle that has better quality paint... hopefully there was an improvement in paint quality.

·
Registered
925 Posts
I noticed another potential change. It now shows that the Limited and XSE AWD have different 18" wheels, they used to have the same wheels (in Canada at least). Any chance the XSE no longer has the plastic clad (yes, I know I'm dreaming)? Actually, just not being the shiny fake chrome would be a big improvement for me.
View attachment 58577
Good catch.

Never understood the plastic clad... like paying more for worse.

Cross fingers you get non plastic clad and hopefully you get this year.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Also, just saw that what was Superwhite is now called "Ice Cap"? Is that a different colour, or is that what it was called in the US all along?
I thought 2022 & earlier US Siennas were called Superwhite too, but everything I've found, including on the US Sienna's 2022 page, lists the color as "White"

Ice Cap is new for us too.

·
Registered
64 Posts
Where did the Woodland go? Looking at toyota.com from Mid-Atlantic.
I was thinking the same thing. The Woodland isn't listed, but it was in the 2023 Press Release... Odd. Honestly though, with the Cement color avail on the XSE, that's my choice now. I can save the money from the crappy OEM hitch and install my own. So I would only be missing the .6" increased clearance which would be nice, but it's almost invisible. What's strange, is with the XSE, when I add the XSE Plus with options, it would allow selecting the spare tire. But the spare isnt listed with that package. Any ideas on this?

·
Registered
447 Posts
I was thinking the same thing. The Woodland isn't listed, but it was in the 2023 Press Release... Odd. Honestly though, with the Cement color avail on the XSE, that's my choice now. I can save the money from the crappy OEM hitch and install my own. So I would only be missing the .6" increased clearance which would be nice, but it's almost invisible. What's strange, is with the XSE, when I add the XSE Plus with options, it would allow selecting the spare tire. But the spare isnt listed with that package. Any ideas on this?
According to this leaked price sheet, it looks like the Woodland is coming a bit later.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts