Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know the Toyota specials for this upcoming month yet? Today is the last day for this last months (April).

·
Registered
41 Posts
Anyone know the Toyota specials for this upcoming month yet? Today is the last day for this last months (April).
None seen yet, I am chomping at the bit myself since ours should be build on the 5th. I would think tomorrow or the next day. I suppose it depends on how they are selling and what part of the country.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
None seen yet, I am chomping at the bit myself since ours should be build on the 5th. I would think tomorrow or the next day. I suppose it depends on how they are selling and what part of the country.
Mine will be about a week later, although I think there will be/has been delays. Used to you could look up your VIN and it would tell you build date, now that is gone.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Mine will be about a week later, although I think there will be/has been delays. Used to you could look up your VIN and it would tell you build date, now that is gone.
Salesperson should be able to tell you your build date. They know what it is. Ours checked it every few days and provided updates via email when it slipped / moved up a bit

·
Registered
14 Posts
Sadly see the rebate dropped from $1500 to $500. My Sienna shipped out on 4/1, and expected to be delivered to dealer in the week of 4/19 - 4/26. Somehow it stuck on the train for more than a month! Now the delay caused me at least $1000. :(

·
Registered
41 Posts
Sadly see the rebate dropped from $1500 to $500. My Sienna shipped out on 4/1, and expected to be delivered to dealer in the week of 4/19 - 4/26. Somehow it stuck on the train for more than a month! Now the delay caused me at least $1000. :(
Ugg, I was depending on that extra money help pay my sales tax. I should have put down only $500 for the order instead of $1000. If I have to walk, that would be more palatable. I have a car trade in pending on this deal as well . The dealer could not find a basic LE with a spare tire in our area to trade and I did not want to spend an extra 3 Grand on stuff I really did not want.....so a factory order/allocation for the basic Sienna. Here we are this morning also with a sad face. I knew it was a roll of the dice.....and I came up on the wrong side.

·
Registered
41 Posts
The rebate varies by region - I am seeing $500 as well here in the west.
I guess they are selling better if less rebates are needed, but dang, dropping 1K is a heck of a jump. I should have jumped on a deal that a dealer was willing to deliver what I wanted, sitting on his lot, from 70 miles away and take my trade-in back with him for the same local dealer price.....which they did not have locally...... I had to order/allocate it. I got talked into to buy local theme by the Toyota sales guy, to keep it local, and it is costing me 1K for the delay. Now I know why I would rather have my teeth pulled without numbing than buy a new car.

·
Registered
8 Posts
The rebate varies by region - I am seeing $500 as well here in the west.
I'm in Indiana. It dropped from $1500 customer cash in April to $750 in May. The financing offers have been getting worse each month as well. They had 60 month financing for 0.9% in March, then went to 1.9% in April, now it's at 2.9% in May. I guess they feel they are selling them too quickly, so they want to slow things down a bit.

·
Registered
8 Posts
It's going to start getting to where people will wait for the 2022 models to come out so they will offer better deals on the 2021 models.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It's going to start getting to where people will wait for the 2022 models to come out so they will offer better deals on the 2021 models.
Would they? Would 2022 models have a big upgrade over 2021 though?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I just meant that with the declining incentives, some people may choose to wait until the end of the 2021 model year to buy since they may be able to get a better deal then with the new 2022 model coming out.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I guess they are selling better if less rebates are needed, but dang, dropping 1K is a heck of a jump. I should have jumped on a deal that a dealer was willing to deliver what I wanted, sitting on his lot, from 70 miles away and take my trade-in back with him for the same local dealer price.....which they did not have locally...... I had to order/allocate it. I got talked into to buy local theme by the Toyota sales guy, to keep it local, and it is costing me 1K for the delay. Now I know why I would rather have my teeth pulled without numbing than buy a new car.
You still gonna get yours?

·
Registered
41 Posts
You still gonna get yours?
I already got a grand tied up in it which I would probably lose but I did not sign anything yet. Maybe they will throw me some extra bones, but I doubt it. My wife will be really really hacked at me, If I backed out but I wanted to keep my old cars anyway. She wants to spend some of retirement IRA saying she is not getting any younger, but that is kind of thin in my thinking. I will be getting rid of a perfectly good 2003 Dodge Durango with only 65K miles on it and in excellent condition but a true gas hog at 13-17 mpg. Also on the chopping block is our 2012 Hyundai Elantra that gets 40 mpg and is our daily driver with only 101K and I really really like that car. So if I want peace in the family, the wife gets the call on this one. Dang, it just happens to be a new car sellers market right now.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I already got a grand tied up in it which I would probably lose but I did not sign anything yet. Maybe they will throw me some extra bones, but I doubt it. My wife will be really really hacked at me, If I backed out but I wanted to keep my old cars anyway. She wants to spend some of retirement IRA saying she is not getting any younger, but that is kind of thin in my thinking. I will be getting rid of a perfectly good 2003 Dodge Durango with only 65K miles on it and in excellent condition but a true gas hog at 13-17 mpg. Also on the chopping block is our 2012 Hyundai Elantra that gets 40 mpg and is our daily driver with only 101K and I really really like that car. So if I want peace in the family, the wife gets the call on this one. Dang, it just happens to be a new car sellers market right now.
If nothing is signed usually they will return your deposit (from experience), if not escalate to CC charge back or social media and call out the dealerships practices. But given the current shortage, I do not see why they would not give you your money back, as Siennas are being sold once unloaded off the trucks at least in my area. So they will not have much trouble selling the one you have on order.

Similar situation for me, for an older parent though. For us, we locked in pricing (at least dealer said they will honor the initial quote) so we are saving $2K or so off invoice, instead of $3K+.

We are trading in my daily driver as trade in value was very fair due to used vehicles being so valuable still and it helps in offsetting tax. It works out because now I get to upgrade into something else as well.

What model did you put money down for?

Looking back, when I initially called the dealership, they had a 5-10 in stock. I should have taken one of those in stock on the lot, similar to you going to another dealership that had the one available, and also would have gotten a better deal in general being a FWD model, we ordered an AWD. But between that week or initial contact to putting down a deposit, they sold everyone of those models and some, as I was trying to get something within last month for the $1500, even for a higher end model, they all sold out and were pre-ordered out.

·
Registered
41 Posts
If nothing is signed usually they will return your deposit (from experience), if not escalate to CC charge back or social media and call out the dealerships practices. But given the current shortage, I do not see why they would not give you your money back, as Siennas are being sold once unloaded off the trucks at least in my area. So they will not have much trouble selling the one you have on order.

Similar situation for me, for an older parent though. For us, we locked in pricing (at least dealer said they will honor the initial quote) so we are saving $2K or so off invoice, instead of $3K+.

We are trading in my daily driver as trade in value was very fair due to used vehicles being so valuable still and it helps in offsetting tax. It works out because now I get to upgrade into something else as well.

What model did you put money down for?

Looking back, when I initially called the dealership, they had a 5-10 in stock. I should have taken one of those in stock on the lot, similar to you going to another dealership that had the one available, and also would have gotten a better deal in general being a FWD model, we ordered an AWD. But between that week or initial contact to putting down a deposit, they sold everyone of those models and some, as I was trying to get something within last month for the $1500, even for a higher end model, they all sold out and were pre-ordered out.
I just wanted the silver LE, since it shows less dirt. The only goodies I wanted was the weather mats and I insisted on the spare. No other bells and whistles. I did not want to pay for a bunch of stuff just because that is what they had on the lot. So by not paying an extra 3-4K on stuff on the next upgrade up, vs losing 1k from diminishing incentive......I kind of still come out ahead......at least that is what I am telling myself.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I just wanted the silver LE, since it shows less dirt. The only goodies I wanted was the weather mats and I insisted on the spare. No other bells and whistles. I did not want to pay for a bunch of stuff just because that is what they had on the lot. So by not paying an extra 3-4K on stuff on the next upgrade up, vs losing 1k from diminishing incentive......I kind of still come out ahead......at least that is what I am telling myself.
How much is yours? The one we ordered is also LE but AWD with similar adds on as you (coincidentally). Our price now before tax and such will be $34.3K or so after $500 rebate.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Just so wild to me how all of a sudden the minivan is back, AND that the Sienna seems to be selling so well. Was sad to see them drop the cash and raise the rates today 😔
I literally almost pulled the trigger on a Telluride back in November…but decided to wait and then was pleasantly surprised by Sienna. Never thought this van would also be a seller’s dream like Telluride. Guess I know how to pick ‘em…

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Just so wild to me how all of a sudden the minivan is back, AND that the Sienna seems to be selling so well. Was sad to see them drop the cash and raise the rates today 😔
I literally almost pulled the trigger on a Telluride back in November…but decided to wait and then was pleasantly surprised by Sienna. Never thought this van would also be a seller’s dream like Telluride. Guess I know how to pick ‘em…
Gas is $4 a gallon in CA ($3+ across the USA) and doesnt look to drop anytime soon, the van gets 35-40 MPG consistently, so it is a big money saver for people out there. And they ran bigger promos the previous couple months which drummed up a lot of popularity.

And the dream of EV is all a facade atm with no infrastructure to support charging, and charging is too slow in general for most people. A lot of the electricity produced in the USA is still by burning coal too.

·
Registered
Toyota Sienna 2021 AWD Platinum
374 Posts
I think there is pretty good chance your current two cars will get you at least 1K more than they would have last month. Just like you said, it is a seller's market! We're in a really wacky car market right now. News Channels are adding more fuel to the fire every other day.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts