Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
I wouldn't mind seeing either car announced. There's a rumor that the upcoming 2021 Toyota Harrier in Japan will launch in the US as the new Venza. IMHO, it looks really nice.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I wouldn't mind seeing either car announced. There's a rumor that the upcoming 2021 Toyota Harrier in Japan will launch in the US as the new Venza. IMHO, it looks really nice.

Thanks for the Harrier info. It makes a ton of sense to launch that as the new Venza. Why make a different car? It fits the gap perfectly.

If you compare the location of badges and the hatch shape (specifically the height of the angled indent that likely makes space for the license plate and its light) between the preview pic and this Harrier pic, it definitely seems like it isn't going to be the Harrier. I think it's going to be the Sienna!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Thanks for posting, I've been waiting for the release for many months! From the pic it really does look like the new Sienna. My biggest question is whether there will be a PHEV version now or soon after the release. Hopefully we'll get that version at the same time as the regular hybrid...and with AWD!

·
Registered
135 Posts
I am hoping for the reveal of the Sienna, but not sure I see how the image represents a minivan hatch. If it is, interesting that they are aligning with the "platinum" trim level of other Toyota models.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Which photo? I don't see any photos of the gen 4 Sienna in this thread.
@Blubbs was comparing the still photo on the YouTube video link for the May 18th Toyota announcement that he/she posted with the pics of the Toyota Harrier hatch and they don't match.

·
Super Moderator
4,824 Posts
The Harrier has been imported to the USA for over 20 years: We know it as the Lexus RX300 and more recently the RX350. It's cousin, the Kluger, is our Toyota Highlander.

·
Registered
96 Posts
The Harrier has been imported to the USA for over 20 years: We know it as the Lexus RX300 and more recently the RX350. It's cousin, the Kluger, is our Toyota Highlander.
If you read the CNET link I posted about the Harrier and the description of the YouTube video, it's says that the Lexus RX is no longer a rebranded version of the Harrier. Now they are separate cars which is why people think it's going to be the new Venza.

·
Super Moderator
4,824 Posts
Somewhat true. With the last redesign, the RX went with the floating D pillar while the Harrier retained the conventional styling of the prior model. And there is now a slight dimensional delta between them. So maybe, if Toyota wanted something between the RAV4 and Highlander. Maybe...

·
Registered
96 Posts
Somewhat true. With the last redesign, the RX went with the floating D pillar while the Harrier retained the conventional styling of the prior model. And there is now a slight dimensional delta between them. So maybe, if Toyota wanted something between the RAV4 and Highlander. Maybe...
Somewhat true? What I said is 100% true. The 3rd generation Harrier became a separate model from the Lexus RX and the upcoming 4th generation will be as well.

From the Wikipedia entry for the Toyota Harrier (Toyota Harrier - Wikipedia):

Toyota refreshed the Harrier in 2013, when it morphed into an independent model line constructed on a separate platform from the RX (since then built on the same platform as the RAV4) but retaining a visual link with it.

·
Super Moderator
4,824 Posts
Are you looking for a medal, Sam? Architecturally, it's still built on the same bones.

·
Registered
96 Posts
Are you looking for a medal, Sam? Architecturally, it's still built on the same bones.
No, I'm not looking for a medal so there's no need to be sarcastic. When someone says that my 100% accurate info is "somewhat true" then I'm going to respond. Regardless, I'm not sure how you can insist "it's still built on the same bones" when the Toyota Harrier and Lexus RX have been independent models built on separate platforms since 2013.

·
Registered
2,820 Posts
No, I'm not looking for a medal so there's no need to be sarcastic.
You two guys crack me up ... but Sam gets a bronze medal on this one. We're having fun here, right?

·
Registered
96 Posts
You two guys crack me up ... but Sam gets a bronze medal on this one. We're having fun here, right?
I thought it was a friendly exchange of information until I got asked if I want a medal. Why am I only getting a bronze medal? If I'm getting a medal then I want a limited platinum medal to match the Toyota in the picture. :D

·
Super Moderator
4,824 Posts
Fine, I'll order up a tin star for you!

Am I having fun? Not really. Since the crisis began, all the scum with nothing better to do than fill car sites with crap have come out of the woodwork. I killed a dozen new members and deleted a few threads and miscellaneous entries this morning, only to see just as many to do this afternoon. I'm no longer taking prisoners..... So please, don't annoy me and add to the grief.

·
Super Moderator
4,824 Posts
A bit less crap on this board today, so I'm feeling a little better about being 'here'.

I've ordered up a Limited Platinum Premium edition star with gold damascene inlay for you Sam. Hedwig the owl will deliver it to you in person. Just remember to leave your flu open for his arrival.

·
Registered
96 Posts
A bit less crap on this board today, so I'm feeling a little better about being 'here'.

I've ordered up a Limited Platinum Premium edition star with gold damascene inlay for you Sam. Hedwig the owl will deliver it to you in person. Just remember to leave your flu open for his arrival.
Thanks fibber2. I'm looking forward to getting it and I'll take a picture of me wearing it next to my 2018 Sienna SE and I'll upload it as my profile picture.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Out in FB land there are various Sienna groups. There is a Toyota employee there and she said this reveal is not the Venza, so that's a strong hint at it being the Sienna. Heck, we'll all know in about five days so this is just chit-chat for fun...

1 - 20 of 54 Posts