Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

41 - 54 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Well i watched the video.

I won't upgrade for ages though i'l stick with 2010 sienna until the engine and tranny both die.

Fully hybrid which i don't like because that means no reliable 3.5L V6 Engine. I also don't really like the design of it and not being able to remove the seats that is another big disadvantage as long as they offer a gasoline version i might upgrade in the future.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Fully hybrid which i don't like because that means no reliable 3.5L V6 Engine.
I don't think that's what it means at all... it's just Toyota fulfilling their old commitment to electrification of their model line, and aligned with their standardization in their TNGA platform. Surprising that there is NO gas option offered whatsoever, but that's obviously the way they're going.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
24 Posts
Not a fan of the new look, especially the mega grille, put a bumper back on it, heck large sections of the grille are just decoration and have no air flow, also the Limited lost it’s 2nd sunroof, ouch, that is such a great option. However I do like the new shifter position and the bridge it sits on, now that part looks great.

·
Registered
18 Posts
especially the mega grille, put a bumper back on it, heck large sections of the grille are just decoration and have no air flow
All Toyotas and Lexuses seem to be using the ugly "mega grille". I, too, am not a fan, even though the '21 Sienna seems to have gotten one of the smaller ones!

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
101 Posts
All Toyotas and Lexuses seem to be using the ugly "mega grille". I, too, am not a fan, even though the '21 Sienna seems to have gotten one of the smaller ones!
I agree about the ugly big grills and the new Sienna getting a relatively smaller one. I was really concerned that the 2021 Sienna was going to get a huge grill like the Asian Toyota minivans like the Alphard, Vellfire and Lexus LM.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Why can’t they just put in a v6 hybrid plug to start with? It just makes it an all more compelling reason to go with a Tesla Model Y. I mean even an old long in the tooth design of a Model S hatchback can stow a LOT of stuff in it. Only down side is the time to recharge the car. But you basically get free gas for life if you buy a cpo tesla.

·
Registered
2,827 Posts
Why can’t they just put in a v6 hybrid plug to start with? It just makes it an all more compelling reason to go with a Tesla Model Y. I mean even an old long in the tooth design of a Model S hatchback can stow a LOT of stuff in it. Only down side is the time to recharge the car. But you basically get free gas for life if you buy a cpo tesla.
Has Tesla restored free supercharging for used vehicles? They discontinued it last year: Tesla removes 'free unlimited Supercharging' from its used cars - Electrek

I'd like to buy a Tesla but there are downsides to driving one other than the time it takes to recharge. Tesla supercharging stations are located primarily in large cities and along Interstate highways. There are no fast charging opportunities in the rural areas we sometimes drive in on multi-day trips to visit relatives at several locations unless we want to spend 24+ hours in an RV park on a slow charger we have to pay for. The first fast charging opportunity on one of our routes is at the 376 mile point. There is no vehicle charging of any kind in my hometown of 13,000 people including none at the Holiday Inn Express where we stay.

I've sat down with Tesla store employees multiple times watching them try to come up with charging solutions in the areas in which we drive. They can't.

The only way a pure EV is currently practical outside large cities and off the Interstate highways is to make it a lifestyle or hobby.

41 - 54 of 54 Posts