Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
2016 awd sienna switched winter tires on now tire light on. I read press tire learn button under dasH when start up light flash three times then it should be learned but issue is as soon as turn on light starts flashing no matter if pressing button

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
The TPMS system in the generation 3 Sienna does not have an automatic learning capability. If your winter tires are on their own wheels with pressure sensors then the ID's for the pressure sensors on your winter wheels must be uploaded to the vehicle ECU through the diagnostic port unless you are using cloned sensors on your winter wheels.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Geezer is correct. This is a well known "feature" that Toyota could easily avoid by allowing multiple ID's to reside in the ECU, just like other manufacturers.

·
Registered
934 Posts
Did you switch just the tires, or the wheels, too? If only tires, then one or more of your sensors may have been damaged.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just purchased the van during last winter the dealership had new winter tires installed on the stock rims, I don’t remember seeing the light on during the winter. I switched tires to aftermarket rims and tires that came with the van for the summer and can’t recall the light being on it’s only since I switched the winters back on again noticed the light. Van is the wife’s mode of transportation so don’t drive it very often.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
What have people been buying to relearn the tpms when changing winter summer tires over?

·
Registered
934 Posts
It sounds like you may not know the IDs of the sensors inside the winter tires.

Do you remember what you did for sensors in the aftermarket rims? Clones would be great, but if not, hopefully the seller gave you the IDs.

If you pressed the TPMS "reset" button, and were not near the registered sensors, the system has timed out, and is "stuck in loop." The TPMS light will now flash for a minute as soon as you start the car.

Look around here, as there are many threads about Toyota TPMS, including how to get out of the "loop." I use Techstream for my winter changeover, but others use Autel products specifically for TPMS. You may need a higher end Autel unit to read any unknown sensor IDs.

·
Registered
3,159 Posts
What have people been buying to relearn the tpms when changing winter summer tires over?
Look in the "Tires, Wheels, & Tire Pressure Monitors (TPMS)" sub-forum for threads about the following:

ATEQ Quickset - simple and crude user interface ... been around a long time
Autel TS508 - has many more features and price has been reduced recently to be priced even lower than the ATEQ Quickset

The Autel can scan sensors which is a huge plus and has other cool features that the Quickset doesn't have.. I'd buy one if I didn't already have the Quickset.

Moderator fibber2 is really into this stuff and especially Autel tools - look for his posts.

Edit: Duh! I should have provided links:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts