Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

Registered
22 Sienna XLE+ FWD, 22 Tesla Model Y LR
I've had this issue come up 10X+ times so far. I want to put some things I noticed here:
  • Happens when at highway speeds for about 45+ minutes.
  • Does seems like heat might be a factor, but hard to tell...
  • Goes away after a day or so.
I took it to my dealer and they replaces a tpms sensor with no luck. They are still working on the issue and have ordered an ECU unit for it. When I went to go pick up the loaner car from them, they thought they had found that the issue was my wireless carplay adapter. They said that as soon as they unplugged it the error went away, but as soon as they plugged it back in the error came back. I have a hard time believing that this could be the problem, but it's possible I guess.

I want to see if others on here have any aftermarket accessories installed to see if there is a common reason across the board. I personally have a wireless carplay adapter that plugs into the carplay USB port, and a video baby monitor that's simply plugged into the 12v outlet. I hope that you'll list out any accessories that you may that are plugged in when the issue occurs in hopes that we can narrow it down.

Or has anyone here actually found a real solution to the issue?
In my 2008 Acura RDX, I had a USB adapter that fit into the 12V cigarette lighter. When I would charge my phone with that USB adapter, it somehow interfered with the TPMS signals, and would cause a TPMS error to display in the dash. Since the TPMS sensor is wireless, it's possible another wireless device could create interference.

Registered
Ah geez, this isn't reassuring. Happened to my dad's new Venza last week.... same error message...thought it was just a reset issue, but I can't do anything to make it go away.

Registered
I have a 22 sienna with less than 2K highway miles. I have had this warning come up 5 times. I took it in to the dealership and they blamed it on the tire pressure. They claimed that they got them all equal and handed the car keys back to me. I proceeded to get in the car to try to drive away and not only where the pressure for each tire different (low 30鈥檚), they left the hood partially open!! How did they drive it out of the shop and not realize the hood was not fully latched? Lucky it has a sensor and it flashes to make you aware, this could have ended badly. I was told by the shop guy to bring it back if it continues to be an issue. This to me sounds like a software or hardware issue, hopefully they can figure it out and issue a recall.

Registered
I have a 22 sienna with less than 2K highway miles. I have had this warning come up 5 times. I took it in to the dealership and they blamed it on the tire pressure. They claimed that they got them all equal and handed the car keys back to me. I proceeded to get in the car to try to drive away and not only where the pressure for each tire different (low 30鈥檚), they left the hood partially open!! How did they drive it out of the shop and not realize the hood was not fully latched? Lucky it has a sensor and it flashes to make you aware, this could have ended badly. I was told by the shop guy to bring it back if it continues to be an issue. This to me sounds like a software or hardware issue, hopefully they can figure it out and issue a recall.
Do you have any accessories hooked up?

Registered
I have my iPhone and a baby monitor.
It鈥檚 the baby monitor. I know it sounds ridiculous, but that鈥檚 what鈥檚 causing it. My dealership told me that was the issue and I didn鈥檛 believe them initially, but they showed me how as soon as they unplugged it the reading came on. I haven鈥檛 connected the baby monitor again and have not had the issue come up.

Registered
It鈥檚 the baby monitor. I know it sounds ridiculous, but that鈥檚 what鈥檚 causing it. My dealership told me that was the issue and I didn鈥檛 believe them initially, but they showed me how as soon as they unplugged it the reading came on. I haven鈥檛 connected the baby monitor again and have not had the issue come up.
If that's true, that's messed up. =(

Registered
I find it hard to believe it is the baby monitor. Mine is hardwired so how is that impacting the signal?
Mine is hardwired too. I鈥檓 on the same page as you, I find it hard to believe, but they showed me at the dealership. Try it, pull up the tire pressures, you鈥檒l see they鈥檙e not reading, unplug it, and they start reading.

Registered
Mine read just fine with or without monitor on. The issue is that it randomly spits out a system failure and is unable to measure pressure of any of the tires. Once I turn the car off and power it on again it works just fine until it randomly glitches again.

Registered
Mine read just fine with or without monitor on. The issue is that it randomly spits out a system failure and is unable to measure pressure of any of the tires. Once I turn the car off and power it on again it works just fine until it randomly glitches again.
Same issue I have. Try it next time you have that issue. It may surprise you, just like it surprised me.

21 - 33 of 33 Posts