Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do they go bad, My light keeps popping intermittently? Did everything in my power to make sure the PSI's are correct and the system is reset, but nothing. It stays off for a while and then comes on once the tire temps are high after a short drive, then it goes off and comes back on randomly.

SO my question is do they go bad? it has never happened to me before..... What is the best replacement out there, can someone share a link??

Javvy

·
Registered
2020 Sienna LE
35 Posts
There's batteries in them so they do eventually die just like any battery. They usually last 5 to 10 years so at 7 years yours could be on the way out. Usually a couple hundred bucks to replace. Parts cost is about half of that, the other have is to pull the tire off the rim, replace, re mount and balance. Pretty much every tire shop you buy tires from can replace them. Any reputable shop should tell you over the phone exactly how much they charge so look up some in your area and make a few calls.
You could just ignore it since you checked the pressure yourself and you know you they're good or replace them, its really up to you.

·
Premium Member
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can someone post the part number for the 2015 Toyota sienna TPMS sensors, please....

·
Registered
337 Posts

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
The TPMS system will throw errors codes that tell the problem. If a sensor battery goes dead, then the TPMS light will blink for a minute, and then go solid, and a code will be stored, "signal not received."

So does the OP's light go on solid, or does it blink for a minute, first?

·
Premium Member
690 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Solid light.

Javvy

·
Registered
1,087 Posts
Then the sensor is sending a signal.

If you don't have a TPMS scan tool (like an Autel product, for example), many tire shops will read your TPMS sensors for no charge (Discount Tire is where I'd go, if there is one nearby).

It is possible your tire pressure gauge is not accurate. Have you more than one? One that I had, for years, read 15% low, I eventually discovered!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts