Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
with the traction button engaged or not, my wheels spin when accelerating on slippery surfaces. this is my 3rd Sienna so I'm very accustomed to how it should work. Common problem?

·
Registered
522 Posts
Simple answer is no unless a light is on for a malfunction. What year Sienna and what others have you had?

My 2011 has 'trac' and the wheels will spin a bit before it kicks in. How bad are you talking? Like it does not even working at all?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Like it’s not working at all; Spins as though traction’s disengaged.
I’m guessing a fouled/malfunctioning sensor.
Gonna have to make appnt at Toyota dealer for diagnostic.

·
Registered
2,456 Posts
Traction control did nothing noticeable to suppress wheel spin when starting from a stop on wet roads even when my 2014 Sienna was new. Other vehicles made by Toyota we've owned have also allowed what seems to be an excessive amount of wheel spin on wet roads when traction control was on. Maybe it is because both wheels are slipping at the same rate instead of only one losing traction. I don't remember ever having to turn traction control off to move the Sienna out of deep snow like I have had to do numerous times on other vehicles. A better test of traction control might be when one of the driving wheels is on snow or ice and the other isn't.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts