Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking of buying a trailer hitch (Draw-Tite Max-Frame) for my 2021 Sienna Platinum but I have concerns about the clearance. The car already sits pretty low. If you have one installed, have you had any issues? I plan to get a bike rack for my ebikes.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I think the best clearance will be if you get the Eco hitch (based on my research). But it's more expensive and more involved to install.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I think the best clearance will be if you get the Eco hitch (based on my research). But it's more expensive and more involved to install.
ah, too late for me right now, I went ahead and ordered from etrailer. It's ok I guess but I am not crazy about it. the ecohitch one does look clean

·
Registered
186 Posts
@maybesienna How is it working for you? I am very unhappy with the Draw Tite - when I have a load in the back there is frequent scraping and I wonder if the Eco would be much better?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
@maybesienna How is it working for you? I am very unhappy with the Draw Tite - when I have a load in the back there is frequent scraping and I wonder if the Eco would be much better?
I haven't really used it much. I am only planning to use it with bikes. I only scraped it once so far but it was on a really bad hill I wasn't supposed to go on :)

·
Registered
2021 XSE AWD Technology Pkg
85 Posts
I have this installed on my Sienna and the hitch itself has never scraped the ground. The only thing that has scraped is my Thule Apex XT Swing 4. This happens regardless if the bike rack has 3 bikes on it or none at all.

·
Registered
186 Posts
I have this installed on my Sienna and the hitch itself has never scraped the ground. The only thing that has scraped is my Thule Apex XT Swing 4. This happens regardless if the bike rack has 3 bikes on it or none at all.
Hi @Eisen - Was there supposed to be a picture or link? What hitch are you using? Thanks!

·
Registered
2021 XSE AWD Technology Pkg
85 Posts
Hi @Eisen - Was there supposed to be a picture or link? What hitch are you using? Thanks!
Oh, when I said "this", it was in response to the OP. I also have the Draw-Tite. Having said that, I've never had a full load in the back to weigh it down.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm considering the Eco hitch since the dealer has no factory hitches.How expensive was it and how difficult to install since I would probably be doing it myself.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts