Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm researching what it takes to get a bike rack (hitch rack) on my new 2021 Sienna Limited.

I was told by one dealer that installing a factory hitch required cutting the bumper, although they didn't seem 100% sure of this. Second dealer also didn't seem sure. And the trunk rack I use on my other vehicle definitely doesn't work on this one.

Has anyone had a factory hitch installed on the 2021? Is it a 2" receiver? Does it require a bumper cut? And how visible/awful is this bumper cut if you have had one done?

·
Registered
933 Posts
Avoid the dealer hitch. It’s way overpriced, way undersized garbage (I think 1.25”, not 2”). And it doesn’t require a cutout. Head over to the Mods sub forum under 4th Gen and search the word hitch. Lots of good threads on this. My favorite is the Ecohitch which does require a cut to the bumper (which gets removed during install), but it looks really sweet. Curt and the other brands don’t need a cutout and install with like 6 bolts and done.

·
Registered
274 Posts
It looks like etrailer has a couple of trailer hitches available for the 2021 Sienna and they're both highly rated and take about 40 min to install. Here's a link to the list.

And here are links to each one.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
65 Posts
Avoid the dealer hitch. It’s way overpriced, way undersized garbage (I think 1.25”, not 2”). And it doesn’t require a cutout. Head over to the Mods sub forum under 4th Gen and search the word hitch. Lots of good threads on this. My favorite is the Ecohitch which does require a cut to the bumper (which gets removed during install), but it looks really sweet. Curt and the other brands don’t need a cutout and install with like 6 bolts and done.
I have the dealer installed hitch, it came on our 2021 XLE from the dealer lot. It's not undersized garbage, lol. We wanted it, to only hold our bike rack. We don't tow. Watch, any Sienna with the tow hitch can bottom out very easily in the back, have to be careful, thats with no weight in the car. It severely compromises your rear height. The ones that you cut into bumper, I believe might give you more height, but still.. the cost more $$, you hope they or person doing it cut it right, I've seen dealers mess that up. Anyway, if you are going to tow, never use a front drive based minivan. Use a full framed rear drive based SUV or car or pickup truck. Agreed.. it is over priced from dealer, trailer hitch but they had one and worked for us and it's covered under warranty. I've seen Toyota and Honda deny warranty claims on aftermarket hitches before on certain damage and wear and tear. buyer beware

·
Registered
65 Posts
One other advantage of the overpriced Sienna dealer option towing hitch is that it has the electrical connection built in. If you use it. we don't. It's only for our Thule Bike rack. That advantage saves you time and $. You run the risk of a aftermarket hitch shop butchering your wiring, messing it up. Many won't add the wiring. They will only do the hitch. Other food for thought.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts