Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Toyota Sienna v6
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi. New to the forum, but I'm having a Traxda lift installed on my 2011 Sienna next week. I was wondering if anyone had any luck going with a larger tire? Currently have 235 60 r17s but I'm considering 245 65 r17s. Anyone try this size? Would I need wheel spacers? Also considering adding a Timbren kit to the rear springs. Anyone have experience with it?

·
Registered
362 Posts
I have the Traxda lift on my 2015 AWD with the stock 235/55/R18 tires, and am planning to go with 235/60/R18 next time around. I have read in this forum that others have used 235/65/R18 with no issues.

·
Registered
2016 Sienna XLE FWD
192 Posts
I have the Traxda lift on my 2015 AWD with the stock 235/55/R18 tires, and am planning to go with 235/60/R18 next time around. I have read in this forum that others have used 235/65/R18 with no issues.

Hi. New to the forum, but I'm having a Traxda lift installed on my 2011 Sienna next week. I was wondering if anyone had any luck going with a larger tire? Currently have 235 60 r17s but I'm considering 245 65 r17s. Anyone try this size? Would I need wheel spacers? Also considering adding a Timbren kit to the rear springs. Anyone have experience with it?
I originally planned to do a Traxda front and custom rear springs. I ended up just doing the custom rear springs and AirLift airbags: Rear Lift. It’s my 3rd setup with airbags and they are awesome for adjustable rear suspension.

I also went with Cooper AT3 in a 235/65/17 with only minor rubbing at lock in reverse on the driver’s side. Fantastic tires, minor gas mileage penalty after size correction, pretty quite on road noise.

Good luck with your setup!

·
Registered
2004 LE FWD 165K
104 Posts
Do the larger tire sizes have enough clearance for snow chains?

As an aside, did any of you replace the Sienna front struts with those from a Highlander in order to gain more clearance for larger tires (and chains)?

·
Registered
2016 Sienna XLE FWD
192 Posts
I’d imagine cables wouldn’t be an issue, but chains would probably eat your fender liner at some point.

I left my front end alone, so I didn’t do anything with the front struts.

I did put the mobility shocks on the rear to address top out issues after installing the taller springs.

·
Registered
362 Posts
As an aside, did any of you replace the Sienna front struts with those from a Highlander in order to gain more clearance for larger tires (and chains)?
I did put the mobility shocks on the rear to address top out issues after installing the taller springs.
I originally planned to do a Traxda front and custom rear springs. I ended up just doing the custom rear springs and AirLift airbags: Rear Lift. It’s my 3rd setup with airbags and they are awesome for adjustable rear suspension.

I kept the OEM struts since there is a lot of clearance after the Traxda lift was installed. I am confident that the /60/ or /65/ aspect ratio replacements won't cause any problems.

I, too, have noticed numerous times that my OEM rear shocks max out over bumps, although the Airlift 1000 air-springs seem to have helped a bit in that regard. I plan to install Mobility shocks at some point.

This picture shows the standard 235/55/R18 tires that are now on my van.

Wheel Automotive parking light Car Vehicle Tire

·
Registered
2011 Toyota Sienna v6
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
How much of a pain in the ass is the airlift 1000 to inflate/deflate? I'm leaning towards the timbren because of the simplicity. Pretty much all I use my van for is hauling stuff to comic conventions. It sags pretty bad currently, but the stock suspension is shot. Worried it will sag more with the lift.

·
Registered
362 Posts
I have my Airlift 1000 routed to the spare tire jack storage space. I only have to pop it open, pull out the tubing and inflate. When my van is in camping mode and the storage space is not easily accessible, I let the fill tube remain outside of the storage space so that I can check and fill if needed.

·
Registered
2016 Sienna XLE FWD
192 Posts
How much of a pain in the ass is the airlift 1000 to inflate/deflate? I'm leaning towards the timbren because of the simplicity. Pretty much all I use my van for is hauling stuff to comic conventions. It sags pretty bad currently, but the stock suspension is shot. Worried it will sag more with the lift.
It’s as easy/quick as pumping up a small bike tire. I have run 3manual setups with no air compressor. I’ve run the lines independently and where I connect them. They actually warranted a set of bags and gave me custom length ones when input custom springs on.

I called eTrailer and they confirmed that the timbren doesn’t really correct or hold your ride height. But it does stop it from completely bottoming out. I also had to be concerned with rear passenger comfort. The Timbren would definitely be no hassle though.

·
Registered
2011 Toyota Sienna v6
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the input! Just ordered a set of Falken wildpeak A/T trails and my Traxda kit finally arrived. Can't wait to get everything installed and see how it rides. If it sags bad loaded I'll end up trying one of them out.

·
Registered
362 Posts
This is what I ordered. It is the standard # that comes up for a 2015 Sienna on the Air Lift website.
Has the price changed since I ordered mine Oct. 2021?

Product Automotive lighting Font Rectangle Circle

·
Registered
362 Posts
I’d imagine cables wouldn’t be an issue, but chains would probably eat your fender liner at some point.

I left my front end alone, so I didn’t do anything with the front struts.

22Ranger, what mobility shocks did you end up using?

Sent from my SM-F711U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2016 Sienna XLE FWD
192 Posts
22Ranger, what mobility shocks did you end up using?

Sent from my SM-F711U using Tapatalk
I used the Monroe 37301. They are still working well for my application. Someone on here tried them out and found them to be a bit soft. I’m guessing the custom springs and airbags make my experience a bit unique.

Write up on Monroe Shocks

1 - 15 of 15 Posts