Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

TSB: PG003-03R / RESET Tire Pressure Warning System (TPWS/TPMS) 14Mar2003

9K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Kittybee 
#1 ·
Posting some TSBs (Technical Service Bulletins) I happen to have collected during my years of Sienna ownership...

This one is the instructions on how to RESET your factory-installed tire pressure warning/monitoring system (TPWS/TPMS). I do not know if it is the same procedure or system on newer model Siennas.

TSBs are not necessarily official "recalls". They are a "courtesy" Toyota factory-authorized warranty repair for certain designated vehicles that may or may not be affected by the noted issues and problems. Remember, an authorized Toyota service facility has to verify your particular vehicle is both ELIGIBLE AND AFFECTED (you might be one, but not the other) before any prescribed repair is attempted and covered under the warranty provisions. Some of the revised warranty terms for certain TSBs may extend or modify the warranty period and provisions for the original factory warranty. Read the details.

These may or may not apply to your Sienna. Please read the details and also verify with Toyota or an authorized Toyota dealer if there have been any updates/revisions for this problem. Many of these are "old" and probably have been corrected on newer model years. If you have an older Sienna (2004+), or you are not its original owner, the TSB may have already been performed. You can ask a Toyota service department to check your VIN record to see if the TSB is applicable, and if it was previously performed on your vehicle.

I personally do not have any additional info. Some affected me, some did not, and others were just interesting...

Please share any details of your relevant experience for the future benefit of others.

YMMV.
Good Luck!!

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Thanks TopSpy.
I recently rotated my tires (I was feeling quite proud and independent) and that nagging "low-tire-pressure" light kept coming on every so often. I followed the instructions in the .pdf you posted, the problem is gone, and your karma has improved!!!
Thanks again :)

#4 ·
I have a 2004 XLE Limited AWD. Got tired of replacing run-flats so we just installed regular tires, and now the tire pressure light is on (not blinking), but the tire pressure is fine. Will the above TSB correct this issue? Am I an idiot for being concerned that we could wind up unknowingly running around on a flat tire (if the reset fails but gives no indication of failure)?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.