Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Narrowed down to two vans, both "kind of local", opinions on choosing one over the other?

·
Registered
299 Posts
Both are low mileage and appear to be well maintained. The Paul Miller (XLE) ad is a little deceptive as some of the pictures are stock pictures of a Limited (note the rear seats with footrests that would have only been available on the Limited). For the price difference, you may want to check out the Limited (has all the bells and whistles.

Note if you go to the Toyota Owners site, you can enter the VIN and see more information about what packages came standard with each specific Sienna.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Both are low mileage and appear to be well maintained. The Paul Miller (XLE) ad is a little deceptive as some of the pictures are stock pictures of a Limited (note the rear seats with footrests that would have only been available on the Limited). For the price difference, you may want to check out the Limited (has all the bells and whistles.

Note if you go to the Toyota Owners site, you can enter the VIN and see more information about what packages came standard with each specific Sienna.

So the XLE won’t have the footrest seats in the second row and they are falsely advertising the van?

The footrest seats are a requirement as we drive to Florida at least twice a year.

·
Registered
299 Posts
The XLE would not have left the factory that way. My thought is some of those pictures are stock Sienna photos. Easiest way to verify would be to ask the dealer to share a few actual photos of the second row seats.

·
Premium Member
654 Posts
go with the PA vehicle, If you are in NJ never buy in NJ, that is one rule I have learned living in NJ and dealing with the deceptive dealers here in NJ. That NJ vehicle is very deceptive and with all that mumbo-jumbo addon's what was the previous owner doing.. going to war!!!!!....plus the PA vehicle has awesome tan-colored leather seats. Just hope the PA vehicle has the footrest reclining seats, highly likely it does since the middle row seats are captain's seats and it is limited.

My advice go with the PA vehicle trust me......

Javvy

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
That NJ vehicle is very deceptive and with all that mumbo-jumbo addon's what was the previous owner doing.. going to war!!!!!.
Well it is New Jersey. :D

My advice go with the PA vehicle trust me......

Javvy
Definitely the Limited in PA.

Both vehicles appear to be standard versions instead of premium versions. The standard Limited has lots of features the XLE doesn't have ... heated steering wheel, nicer audio system, power stowing and reclining 3rd row seats and those ottoman 2nd row seats. The premium versions of both the XLE and Limited have a rear entertainment system and 120V outlets. The premium version of the Limited also has HID headlights with manual level control and auto high beams. The advanced tech package (radar cruise, auto braking) was available only on the Limited Premium.

Both the standard XLE and standard Limited are very nice ... but not this particular XLE with its bizarre exterior add-ons.

Specifications are shown in the sales brochures at Auto-Brochures.com|Toyota Car PDF Sales Brochure/Catalog/Flyer/Info 4Runner 86 Avalon Camry Celica, CH-R, Corolla Corona Echo FJ Cruiser Highlander Land Cruiser Mark II Matrix Mirai MR2 Prius RAV4 Sequoia Sienna Solara Supra Tacoma Tundra Venza Yaris

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Going with the PA limited one, if everything checks out Saturday we're going to get it for $26.9k out the door with all the fees/taxes/etc.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The rat bastards claim it sold last night when I had an appointment for Saturday (everything is appointment only around here, no walk ins)

·
149 Posts
Bummer. Good luck with your search.

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
might be heading to VA today
That Limited is considerably nicer since it's a Premium version. IMO, the best aspect of the HID headlights it has is the beam level control on the dashboard that allows the beams to be lowered when heavily loaded. Just having a full load of adult passengers makes it necessary to lower the beams on my 2014. If I forget, oncoming drivers will quickly let me know by flashing their high beams.

·
Registered
964 Posts
Are you using a site that allows searches for features/keywords, and by year? I've found my last few cars on cars.com.

·
Registered
42 Posts
What’s the premium on shipping a van that far?
I’m eyeing the same - 15-16 Limited Premium - probably better even with shipping cost to shop from non winter states - I’m in WI.
No differences between 15-16 other than the year?

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
What’s the premium on shipping a van that far?
I’m eyeing the same - 15-16 Limited Premium - probably better even with shipping cost to shop from non winter states - I’m in WI.
No differences between 15-16 other than the year?
$900 and it’s about a 1500 mile haul

There were cheaper options but this shipper works with the dealership all the time.... vehicle shipping can be very shady.

Should take about 2-3 days for the van to arrive once everything is signed and money transferred.

Cheapest way would be to fly in and drive home but not by much (couple hundred in my case)

·
Registered
42 Posts
Price aside and if all options/trim same-
Would you feel more comfortable buying a 2019 Sienna with 30k mileage or a 2015 with 40k?
Newer with higher average miles per year vs older with lower.
Thoughts?

·
Registered
3,275 Posts
Price aside and if all options/trim same-
Would you feel more comfortable buying a 2019 Sienna with 30k mileage or a 2015 with 40k?
Newer with higher average miles per year vs older with lower.
Thoughts?
It's not possible to equip a 2015 and a 2019 with the same equipment since some standard features on the 2019 Sienna were not available on any trim level in 2015.

I would totally go with a 2019 Sienna if they were the same trim levels and maybe even if they were not. All 2018-up Sienna, regardless of trim, has standard adaptive cruise control (DRCC), automatic emergency braking (PCS with pedestrian sensing), automatic high beam (AHB) and lane keeping (LKA?). DRCC and PCS were available only on the Limited trim in 2015 in the fairly rare Advanced Technology package option. Back then, PCS was not as advanced and did not include pedestrian sensing. AHB was standard in 2015 only on the Limited Premium.

All 2018-up Sienna can also run Apple Carplay which can't been done on prior model years.

Some people seem to prefer the 6-speed transmission and none Atkinson engine of the pre-2018 Sienna but I'd still go with a 2018-up if at all possible. Plus, the 2018-up gets you the marvelous goofy front grill! :)

1 - 20 of 25 Posts