Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I'm in southern Indiana and my wife, sister and little dog are stranded in Columbia SC. Wife said they were traveling on interstate all good and check engine light & traction control light came on and the van lost power but still ran. They are at a Toyota dealership now waiting for diagnosis.

Service tech said it would be Monday but wife played the 'poor elderly ladies & little dog stranded 500 miles from home' card and the service mgr is checking it out now. Van has 75k miles and has been perfect until today.

Not sure what the next move is - anyone have any suggestions?

EDIT

Back on the road. A filter was at fault. Not sure which one but wife said they were lucky - the filter was in a hard to get to location and dealer had only one in stock.

·
Registered
302 Posts
Let us know what filter they had to replace. I am guessing the air filter. But not sure why a dealer would find it hard to find.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Code was P0015 - Bank 1 exhaust oil control valve. Part was $170, labor $450, tax and shop fees brought total to $697 out the door.

Seems kinda high $$$ but it would have cost plenty in time and $$$ to be stranded w/out wheels until today (Monday). My wife was grateful that they got her on the road in a few hours and that the rest of the trip was uneventful.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts