Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I won't go into detail on how to do this as this should be pretty straightforward. The only 3 accessories beside your dash cam of choice (non-OEM) would be the following:
  1. Any hardwiring kit which can easily be purchased from Amazon/Ebay/BestBuy/etc...
    1. Here I used 15ft Micro USB & Mini USB Dash Cam &Type-C Hardwire Kit from Amazon. You don't need everything from it, just the main wiring harness.
  2. Female connector housing(OEM) part# 90980-12366
    1. This I got from https://www.toyotapartsdeal.com/ but any sites are fine as long as they give the best discount.
  3. Female terminal 2.54mm spacing
    1. I've tried several ones out there including looking for the OEM version but to no avail so ended up with this which works just as good - Hilitchi 635 Pcs 40 Pin 2.54mm Pitch Single Row Pin Headers, Connector Housing Female, Male/Female Pin Connector Kit (This is same as the one that other users have mentioned - @EricD & @Mikelyons27)
I did not use any special crimping tool, just a pair of scissors to strip the wire sheath and a needle nose plier to crimp to snug fit into the housing. For the position and installation, you can refer to any of these posts: 3rd Party DashCam with OEM Party wiring! or 12v accessory plug for Dash cam or other devices install.

You can also refer to my other Hardwiring Aftermarket Dashcam VIOFO A119 V3 or Any Other Aftermarket Dashcams on how to hide the wires inside the windshield sensor box and utilizing the clip-on the rear mirror neck to make it more OEM-ish.

The reason why I did this is to not having to use the fuse box (when you do you have to store the fuse box cover somewhere which I ended up using the glovebox). And it's just much more cleaner.

Here are the during and after photos - I couldn't have done this without the wonderful people in this community!

·
Registered
06 Highlander Limited AWD/ Retired 09 Sienna XLE FWD / 12 Highlander SE FWD / 21 Sienna Limited AWD
96 Posts
Very nice and thanks for the detail!

·
Registered
16 Posts
If I’m understanding this right…. There’s an existing plug that we can wire up the dash cam to from the rear view mirror area?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If I’m understanding this right…. There’s an existing plug that we can wire up the dash cam to from the rear view mirror area?
That's correct, you'll just need to buy the matching female connector listed.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts