Toyota Sienna Forum - siennachat.com banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2022 Limited with RES JBL 12 spkr etc.

I was hoping the system would crank the decibels...
But there's just no power in the output it seems...
Thin sounding even with a subwoofer..

Do I need to add amplification?
And if so would that just be on the stock OEM radio?

·
Registered
27 Posts

Per Rennz suggestion, turn surround off it ruins the overall sound. Also, I recommend the bass setting at 50% or even one notch below, anything above 50% seems to adversely affect all the sound. This JBL system really benefits from using 'Burn-in' tracks to brake in the speakers an I play a large assortment of music from a flash drive: some of it seems very loud but some pieces have very low volume. Try different pieces of music. Anything on FM will sound low fidelity, XM sounds pretty good for Jazz. The music on Flash drive sounds best. The better the recording, the better the sound ie. although I like my 'Best of Chicago' tracks, they sound low quality through the JBL system. Same for all my Stevie Wonder tracks. My Holly Cole, Dave Grusin, Victor Wooten tracks sound amazing. It's not an aftermarket system so I agree it doesn't 'Crank the decibels'

·
Registered
2022 AWD Sienna Platinum 7 Seater
25 Posts

Feel the exact same way! Turning off surround helped, but is still not where it should be at. I’d love to get a bit louder, so me and all my passengers can sing loud and proud without having to hear our own voices 😂

1 - 4 of 4 Posts